What's new

B&B user survey: How often do you come here and how long do you stay?

B&B user survey: How often do you come here and how long do you stay?

• Daily, less than an hour

• Daily, 1-2 hours

• Daily, 2-3 hours

• Daily, 3+ hours

• 2-3 times a week

• About once a week

• Less than once a week

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks very much for the tip. I was hoping to find an RSS feed, and now I know how. Much appreciated.

On a technical level, I don't sign onto B&B very often. But, I do monitor all threads posted using a news reader. Google.com/Reader in my case. And, I highly recommend use of a news reader. How else could you read every message you haven't read before, and not be shown any message you have seen before? Try a news reader, and you will be hooked!

Here's what to do. Go to www.Google.com/reader and click Add A Subscription and paste in

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/external.php?type=RSS2

You will never look back. There is no better way to monitor BadgerAndblade.com!

After you set up B&B in the Google reader, search for other news (RSS, atom) feeds for other topics of interest. For me, ESPN fantasy football, CNN, Wired magazine, some technical article feeds about geology and such and more.

When someone posts in a thread, that thread is bumped to the top and its title is highlighted in bold. See that little blue ball with what looks like a down arrow to the left of the thread title? If you just point to it, text pops up that says "go to first new post." Clicking on it does exactly that.

That's how I see messages I have yet to see without being shown any messages I've already seen.

Another helpful tip! Thanks, Captain!

Methinks it will be difficult to gather any information regarding non-members. :001_smile

Simple, really. When someone posts in a thread, that thread is bumped to the top and its title is highlighted in bold. See that little blue ball with what looks like a down arrow to the left of the thread title? If you just point to it, text pops up that says "go to first new post." Clicking on it does exactly that. That's how I see messages I have yet to see without being shown any messages I've already seen.

Good point! Try the news reader anyway. You won't be sorry. Even if you have an elegant way to read message in B&B, and it sounds like you do - thanks, CaptainK, the news reader is so valuable in information perusal across the web. Not just here.

The better question for me would be "How often do you leave B&B, and where do you go?".

proxy.php

I drop in when I have a minute or two in the morning and check out the new posts and later in the day again.

B&B helps me unwind from dealing with the irrational people I see daily! (No, I'm not a psychiatrist!)

Without ADs, interest can dry up pretty quick, so I try to keep away for my wallet's sake. Once you take those away (and have a handle on the basics), it all amounts to "great shave, eh?" followed by "yup."

That said, there's always a bit of friendly banter going on which is nice to tune into... and thanks to the mods for that.

Pop in Pop out (Don't want to miss something important that might change the whole shaving universe or at least my shaving routine.)

I"m signed in all day at work. Probably will get fired if I'm caught, but addictions have a strange way of taking over...
I check pretty much every General Shave Talk forum, Market Place, The Brown Leaf, The Speakeasy, and Contributor's Corner.

I'm on all day, but just scan occasionally for interesting threads on General Shaving, Safety Razor, Brush and BST forums. Starting to take an occasional look at the Straight Razor forum, as I'm thinking about trying a straight sometime.

Top Bottom