What's new

Aussie Pass-around box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little teaser....

View attachment 483956

I had a pile of Mamabear's soaps sitting in the cupboard.

Each puck has been cut in half and then each half wrapped in baking paper.

Everyone can take 1 "half" sample puck out of the box without it being counted in your 2 item trade limit.

Some might be a little cracked from packing/shipping, etc. Just place in a small container and microwave for a couple of seconds to melt into shape.

PS - whoever gets the Andy's Mint sample will get two half pucks in the bag, it shattered somewhat when cutting, so have wrapped it in one piece.

Hi Everyone,

I was involved in the previous versions of the travelling box - here's a quick overview of what you have waiting for you.

There were about six rounds of the travelling box. Each member was at a different stage of their shaving progression, which added to the diversity of reviews and products contributed. Newbies got a great opportunity to try the big soaps/creams/blades/aftershaves, including some like Williams which were pretty ordinary :lol:

All the old hands went above and beyond to contribute. Of note:
- Mark with his detailed reviews, each one concluding with a unique rating system
- DJH - Our man in Europe who generously donated some very nice products, despite being a world away.
- Luc - when he was in Aus, was our resident aftershave contributor. MG5 was the stand out for me, but I would never have found it without Luc's generosity.

I've been in contact with Andy and am hoping to pass along the remaining samples and some other discontinued items which some of you may have not had the opportunity to try yet.

Looking forward to seeing the first round of reviews :w00t:

If anybody is interested in the history the story of ATB6 can be found here.

Some names I miss in that thread - hope the new box brings as much fun - looking forward to the reviews!

Just a little teaser....

View attachment 483956

I had a pile of Mamabear's soaps sitting in the cupboard.

Each puck has been cut in half and then each half wrapped in baking paper.

Everyone can take 1 "half" sample puck out of the box without it being counted in your 2 item trade limit.

Some might be a little cracked from packing/shipping, etc. Just place in a small container and microwave for a couple of seconds to melt into shape.

PS - whoever gets the Andy's Mint sample will get two half pucks in the bag, it shattered somewhat when cutting, so have wrapped it in one piece.

Nice work Andy!

Ooohhh, the box is getting to be on the heavy side, will upload a picture of the box contents late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Some good stuff in here :thumbsup:

Ok, found a couple of extra things to add to the box, apologies for the shipping cost, handovers might be best if possible.

View attachment 485154

The box will be on the way shortly, once the additional gear kindly donated by bjh618 has arrived.

Will post the list soon, so you know the order. But looking at the addresses lexbomb will be the first recipient, as he is the closest to me.

Whoops, forgot to post pics of the razors that have been loaned to us.

View attachment 485159

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I was involved in the previous versions of the travelling box - here's a quick overview of what you have waiting for you.

There were about six rounds of the travelling box. Each member was at a different stage of their shaving progression, which added to the diversity of reviews and products contributed. Newbies got a great opportunity to try the big soaps/creams/blades/aftershaves, including some like Williams which were pretty ordinary :lol:

All the old hands went above and beyond to contribute. Of note:
- Mark with his detailed reviews, each one concluding with a unique rating system
- DJH - Our man in Europe who generously donated some very nice products, despite being a world away.
- Luc - when he was in Aus, was our resident aftershave contributor. MG5 was the stand out for me, but I would never have found it without Luc's generosity.

I've been in contact with Andy and am hoping to pass along the remaining samples and some other discontinued items which some of you may have not had the opportunity to try yet.

Looking forward to seeing the first round of reviews :w00t:

Good to see you here Brendan.

If you guys think that the box is heavy now, just wait until the post arrives from Brendan. :w00t: You are all in for a treat!

Hi guys, the additional items arrived in the post today.

The box will be packed and will head out on Monday 25th.

Please see below for the recipient list/order

lexbomb
khun_diddy
Boldsworth
alfredus
Dougydee
Coffeesnob
Lifes a peach
abbztract
Shaving_CHENG
bjh618

Status