What's new

Aussie Pass-around box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I'm Abz.

Hope I'm not late to the party.

Melbournian here and I hope you don't mind me asking but what's a "pass-around"?

Is it kinda like Reddit's /r/wicked_box where a box of stuff gets posted between members and they take and replace things in the box?

Hi Abz,

Nope, not too late at all.

Spot on, the box will travel to each of the members, and they can try the products, and exchange a couple of items in the box, then send it on to the next person.

I have delayed the departure of the box a little, I have had a generous member loan us some DEs (these can't be swapped for, must remain with the box), and am waiting for them to arrive.

Will sort the list out before sending, so that postage is kept at a minimum between members.

1. Andy, Adelaide SA.
2. Shaving_CHENG, Balmain, NSW
3. Dougydee, South Yarra, VIC
4. LexBomb, Adelaide SA
5. khun_diddy, Adelaide SA
6. boldsworth, Adelaide SA
7.Abbztract, Melbourne, VIC

Hi Andy,
I am Farzad and live in Melbourne. If I am not too late, I would love to join in. I am also often in Adelaide, as my father lives there. So if the timing is right, I could take the box from Adelaide to Melbourne (or vice verca) to save even more on shipping...

Hi Andy,
I am Farzad and live in Melbourne. If I am not too late, I would love to join in. I am also often in Adelaide, as my father lives there. So if the timing is right, I could take the box from Adelaide to Melbourne (or vice verca) to save even more on shipping...

Hi Farzad, not too late at all :thumbsup:

I am waiting to receive a couple of DEs in the post from a generous member that has loaned them to us.

You're on the list :thumbsup:

1. Andy, Adelaide SA.
4. LexBomb, Adelaide SA
8.Alfredus, Melbourne, VIC.

Will be confirming the list prior to sending out, at that time all I will need is from everyone is the suburb they live in (to organise the route), then the plan is that the person on the list contacts the next person and organises shipping or meeting, etc.

Will keep everyone updated as soon as things change.

Hi Andy

Rick from Melbourne. I'd love to join the pass-around box party. Please count me in.

Regards, Rick

Done Rick, thanks for joining :thumbsup:

1. Andy, Adelaide SA.
4. LexBomb, Adelaide SA
9. Lifes a Peach, Melbourne, VIC.

Hey Gents,

I'd like to get on board.

Chris from Melbourne .

Hi Chris,

You're on the list :thumbsup:

1. Andy, Adelaide SA.
4. LexBomb, Adelaide SA
9. Lifes a Peach, Melbourne, VIC.
10. Coffeesnob, Melbourne, VIC.

The way things are going, perhaps you Melbourne gents can host a get-together...

Where's the box starting. I may have some Kai blades I can pif for everyone to try.

Hi Chris, box will be starting in Adelaide.
Am waiting for a couple of items to arrive before I send it out, before sending I will PM everyone and organise the route to try and keep postage costs to a minimum for everyone.

Hi everyone,

My apologies for the delay, some unexpected travel plans over the last few days kept me from doing a great deal.

Am looking at sending the box out by the end of the week, all being well.

I will be sending a PM out shortly, if you could please reply with your details, so I can better organise the route.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Almost ready to head out into the land down under, not long now.

I have sent everyone a PM, if you haven't received it, please let me know.

In the interests of transparency, the PM sent out can be read below

Hi everyone,

Almost time to get the passaround box going, will be packing up the box in the next few days, and after the arrival of the last donations will be ready to post.

If you could please reply to my message (making sure that I am the only recipient) with your full name, mailing address and a contact number, that way I can try and organise the route to reduce the postal costs. As such, the box route will be organised to move between members closest to each other.

In the interest of protecting people's privacy, the details PM'ed to me will stay private and not shared, they are only there for me to follow up in case of an issue, and won't be shared with anyone else.

As the box moves along the current holder will need to contact the next person on the list to obtain their details.

For everyone's info, the box is going to be on the heavier side, am guessing around a 1kg or so.

While not fun, some necessary passaround box rules;
  1. Each person can hold onto the box for a maximum of 2 weeks, this will give everyone a chance to try the items, without making the passaround box an extremely long process.
  2. Box is to be posted with tracking, and the tracking number posted in the passaround thread (alternatively, the box can be handed to those who are in the same geographical location)
  3. Costs of posting the box is in the hands of the current box holder (ie you)
  4. Each person is to post in the thread when the box has been posted/received
  5. Photos of the contents would be appreciated, and add to the fun of the game.
  6. Each person can swap a maximum of 2 items in the box, please keep the items swapped to around the same value (eg, soap for a soap/cream, not a soap for a pack of blades, etc) Honesty system applies here please gents.
  7. There are 5 DE razors in the box, these cannot be swapped, kept or traded for, they are on loan and need to stay with the box.
  8. Packs of Kai razor blades have generously been donated, at the time of postage there should be a pack for each member, feel free to use these to test the DE razors if you like (they are sealed, but feel free to open 1 box of them)
  9. Please clean the razors before and after use.
  10. Feel free to review any products you have tried.
  11. Sealed items (eg shave sticks) need to be included in your swapped items, but you can sample items like shave cream tubes without having to swap.

I will include a list of the above in with the box.

Acceptance of the above rules will be signified by me receiving your details, don't wish to seem like a downer, but want as many people as possible to enjoy the passaround box, some ground rules just ensure that the box stays around for all to enjoy.

Anyone no longer wishing to be involved with the passaround box, please let me know and details will be quietly removed from the list.

Thanks everyone.

Kind Regards
Andy.

Ooh. Now I'm getting excited.

Andy, replied to your PM with my details so let me know if you got it. I haven't used the PM system here much in the past so I may or may not have sent it correctly.

Ooh. Now I'm getting excited.

Andy, replied to your PM with my details so let me know if you got it. I haven't used the PM system here much in the past so I may or may not have sent it correctly.

Apologies for the delay, work has been somewhat hectic as of late.

Message received and replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom