What's new

Aussie Pass-around box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I've been reading this forum with envy and patiently waiting for round 2.

It's nice to have you guys here and I'm sure that you are looking forward to being able to participate in something like this pass-around. It would be advantageous if you were to become more involved in discussion here and also in other parts of the Forum- it is something of a "leap of faith" to send a box full of quality kit to someone who is hardly known on the boards and sadly, we did lose a box of gear a couple of years ago.

I'm certainly not casting aspersions but I'm sure that you understand that it becomes easier to involve people who are "known".

Thanks again Andy!

It's nice to have you guys here and I'm sure that you are looking forward to being able to participate in something like this pass-around. It would be advantageous if you were to become more involved in discussion here and also in other parts of the Forum- it is something of a "leap of faith" to send a box full of quality kit to someone who is hardly known on the boards and sadly, we did lose a box of gear a couple of years ago.

I'm certainly not casting aspersions but I'm sure that you understand that it becomes easier to involve people who are "known".

Thanks again Andy!
Fair enough I say. That's a good foundation principle for a pass around like this. [emoji106] It is a matter of trust and trust had to be built up through relationship.

Sad that you lost a box through this manner in the past. Good on you for continuing to pass one around after that happened!

Thanks again Andy!

Well said, thanks David :thumbsup:

Thanks again Andy!

I totally understand your concern, but as you say it is a "leap of faith" and participation in this forum hardly makes someone "known" to other members. I, for one, am happy to meet (I live in Adelaide) with other members or provide any other form of identification required, to the originator of this pass around.

Maybe we should only include those who are willing to make a personal handover of the box and swap details at the time of the exchange, thus excluding interstaters! (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Surely part of this exercise is to share experiences with other members and encourage others to join in and participate regardless of experience and not to exclude those who are not prolific forum posters.

By all means take whatever steps are deemed necessary to protect the pass around but let's not exclude potential participants simply because they are not "known".

I totally understand your concern, but as you say it is a "leap of faith" and participation in this forum hardly makes someone "known" to other members. I, for one, am happy to meet (I live in Adelaide) with other members or provide any other form of identification required, to the originator of this pass around.

Maybe we should only include those who are willing to make a personal handover of the box and swap details at the time of the exchange, thus excluding interstaters! (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Surely part of this exercise is to share experiences with other members and encourage others to join in and participate regardless of experience and not to exclude those who are not prolific forum posters.

By all means take whatever steps are deemed necessary to protect the pass around but let's not exclude potential participants simply because they are not "known".

You seem to have missed my point entirely.

Participation in the pass-around is a privilege which may be granted to Forum members... if one does not participate in the Forum, I can't really see why they should be invited to join the pass-around group.

You seem to have missed my point entirely.

Participation in the pass-around is a privilege which may be granted to Forum members... if one does not participate in the Forum, I can't really see why they should be invited to join the pass-around group.

With respect, I don't think that I missed your point at all. I do, however, think that you missed mine, so I will repeat it for your benefit.

"Surely part of this exercise is to share experiences with other members and encourage others to join in and participate regardless of experience and not to exclude those who are not prolific forum posters."

With respect, I don't think that I missed your point at all. I do, however, think that you missed mine, so I will repeat it for your benefit.

"Surely part of this exercise is to share experiences with other members and encourage others to join in and participate regardless of experience and not to exclude those who are not prolific forum posters."

Your presumption of entitlement is astounding.

In my opinion a pass-around box is not a reward for participation but an opportunity to encourage it.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion... but I believe that we will continue to view the Box as a privilege available to our active members.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion... but I believe that we will continue to view the Box as a privilege available to our active members.

Almost sounds like you have some level of self appointed authority here. Are you speaking on behalf of all B&B members?

I would have thought that the decision on who participates would ultimately be up to the box organiser.

Thanks everyone for your input, I'm going to close this thread, as we seem to be heading O/T.

Almost sounds like you have some level of self appointed authority here. Are you speaking on behalf of all B&B members?

I would have thought that the decision on who participates would ultimately be up to the box organiser.
His was never self appointed, and you have gone beyond acceptible self entitlement. Try becoming part of the community before expecting to be included in something that requires a measure of trust such as the pass around boxes. You've had it explained to you politely and bluntly. I will explain it plainly, you haven't participated on the forum enough to warrant trusting you with their property. Get over it and join in some discussions and make some friends, arguing your point only makes you look less trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom