What's new

August 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in

Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Schick Ultra (5)
Brush: Shavemac 2-Band Fan 24mm
Soap: La Toja
Aftershave: Epsilon Blue

IMG-3263.jpg

Day 30, 96.8% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid, Brut AS.

Reasonable shave, but end of the road for this blade.

I'm finding it convenient to mix hyaluronic acid in with a blob of balm before applying, as someone suggested on the HA thread.

Another successful GRUME! First time using a Gillette Super Silver. Didn’t seem very sharp though relatively smooth. Was left thinking that I’d have a meh result from 3 passes but was pleasantly surprised with a DFS at the end.

Timeless Bronze
Gillette Super Silver (1)
Unknown best badger reknot
Moon Soaps Havana soap and AS balm

Still in.

I'm not posting as much here or anywhere else for that matter as I'm busy in the kitchen for a big part of the day.

This is the first time in more than 30 years that my mother has gone to her native place for "Rakhi festival" and it's a great change of pace for her to be with her siblings and enjoy a very very well deserved vacation.

This is also the first time that I'm not slacking off and learning to take care of myself in terms of making the meals regularly.

Previously I used to go hungry two or three consecutive meals just because I didn't felt like making a meal for myself or because I felt bad about something in life.

Self care is important and it's a great feeling to be able to have warm food and less of the negative thoughts.

Having the ability to afford a warm meal has nothing to do with my previous lack of self care, it was totally about a poor mindset and lack of self concern.

Thankfully, things have turned for the better after a long time and it's showing good effects all around.

I used to respect the fact that it took love and efforts to make a good meal, now after making two squares of meal everyday and cleaning up the kitchen, I feel deeper sense of respect for the people who do that for us everyday.

I'm getting a good dose if exercise daily with washing the utensils, cleaning up the kitchen, cleaning and cutting the vegetables and learning how not to make a mess is one of the hardest things in kitchen.

Choosing the dish to make is another challenge. I end up hungry by the time I start cooking and half the time I start with a recipe and ended up with something entirely different.
Saving grace - it's mostly edible.

Regarding shaving - yes I'm shaving alternative days.
Arko is refusing to die and putting up a good fight in front of the Boars.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Another successful month. Thanks to all for the support, and congratulations to all who made it through August. I'm skipping September in order to buy PdP No 63 soap and EdT. I also want Penhaligon's Sartorial EdT. Technically, I'll be out of restraint for less than 10 minutes... just long enough to make these well considered purchases. These restraints have given so much to me. I'll be back in October. I should probably make the purchases tonight, wash out of August at the last minute, and then start September in restraint. That seems somewhat like a bit of casuistry, almost like gaming the system. What think you?

Another successful month. Thanks to all for the support, and congratulations to all who made it through August. I'm skipping September in order to buy PdP No 63 soap and EdT. I also want Penhaligon's Sartorial EdT. Technically, I'll be out of restraint for less than 10 minutes... just long enough to make these well considered purchases. These restraints have given so much to me. I'll be back in October. I should probably make the purchases tonight, wash out of August at the last minute, and then start September in restraint. That seems somewhat like a bit of casuistry, almost like gaming the system. What think you?
That's what I chose to do, though I gave myself a few days because I wasn't sure when I would recieve the invoice for my aristocrat being plated.

If I was in your situation I would blow out in August (today) and join back tomorrow (Sept 1). Only because I personally enjoy the lively banter and hanging out with this abstaining bunch of knuckleheads.

Owen Bawn

If I was in your situation I would blow out in August (today) and join back tomorrow (Sept 1). Only because I personally enjoy the lively banter and hanging out with this abstaining bunch of knuckleheads.
I know. I just don't want to abuse or take advantage of the system that has been so good and helpful for me personally. What do you think, @FoolishMortal?

Isn't there a "restocking period" tomorrow for those that completed the GRUME today? I could swear that restocking after a successful GRUME is not a violation of the next one.

That said, another successful GRUME for me today. That's three in a row and no need to restock and no urge to splurge.

PXL_20210831_144718356-01.jpeg
PAX 178
ARKO
Heritage Collection Klenzo
Old Spice Classic

Owen Bawn

Isn't there a "restocking period" tomorrow for those that completed the GRUME today? I could swear that restocking after a successful GRUME is not a violation of the next one.

That said, another successful GRUME for me today. That's three in a row and no need to restock and no urge to splurge.

View attachment 1320353
PAX 178
ARKO
Heritage Collection Klenzo
Old Spice Classic
There is indeed a restock period. But I'm neither out of soap nor cologne. I've got more of each than the Taliban has war materiel. These would be new products altogether.

One course of action keeps you out of GRUME for a day, the other keeps you out for a month. I would lean toward the "day" option and feel just fine about it, especially considering your overall success with restraint. :)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Surely that just counts as a restock!

Top Bottom