ATT SE2 vs ATT SE1 vs Colonial General SS

Discussion in 'Single Edged Razors' started by Chan Eil Whiskers, Dec 9, 2017.

The ATT would be a great upgrade from what you have but you could save yourself a few bucks by picking up the Stainless General from Colonial. For $99 it has proven to be a very efficient razor that shaves as good or better than the SE1 from what I've seen posted on them both. I use the Schick Proline in mine and get on average of 20 shaves per blade. Just giving you another option to go with...
    20180401_094440.jpg

1. This morning went back to my ATT Calypso SE1 + Proline after a long run with my Generals + AC Pro Super or Pro Guard. Wonderfully effective shave, and very smooth. :thumbup:

2. Watch your language, young feller, this is a public market. ~ O Brother, Where art Thou...

3. SE1 plus Kai Pink Blade is such a smooth perfectly balanced shave.
    I’m really seeing how different blade choices can lead to radically different performances from this razor.
    The ATT SE1/2 combo is such a pleasure to use!
    C2B84EF4-D802-4C9A-B206-C2E313F8282A.jpeg

Attached Files:

4. shave/brush

shave/brush Contributor

After using the General for awhile I went back to the ATT SE1 with a feather blade. I like the fact that it has a little bit more blade exposure than the General. I like to feel the blade a little when I shave. But of course the more blade feel the more you have to pay attention what you are doing.

ATT_best.JPG

5. It’s good to hear this report.
    I’ve been considering acquiring a General but I too like blade feel in my razors and absolutely love the SE1 already.

6. luv2shave

luv2shave Contributor

This is very reassuring. I ordered an ATT 7 piece set with the slant heads and also a SE1 and SE2 head combo over the General. Looks like I made the right choice. Eager for it to land at my doorstep !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

7. shave/brush

shave/brush Contributor

The General is a fine razor but to me it's the Edwin Jagger of SE razors.

8. Ha ha - that tells me all I need to know about it...

9. luv2shave

luv2shave Contributor

This tells all !! Any experience with the general vs the RR aluminium hawk V2 ?
    Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

10. I will be using the General in SS and a RR Black Hawk V2 (aluminum) in the next few days. Rather than clutter up this thread, you can see my thoughts over in my journal:

The Quest: DFS + 0 Irritation or Ingrown Hairs

Hope that link works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Blatant Generalism! Or should I say Colonialism? :001_tt2:

I've grown rather fond of my two aluminum Generals: they're carefree shavers. (But they cried out for better handles -- the two on the right, below.) Whereas I quickly outgrew my EJ, I feel sure that my Generals are will be with me for the long haul.

[​IMG]

12. Agree. I use a handle from a RazoRock Baby Smooth with the General. It is also made of aluminum so it balances very well with it.
    I found the stock handle too slippery and too thin.

13. Yes, my UFO Kaiser is made of aluminum, too, and pairs very well. The copper one, a long "cross spiral" design from Charcoal Goods, is heavier and makes for a somewhat more aggressive shave. The interchangeable handle is a big advantage of (most) safety razors, isn't it? :lol1:

14. My thoughts on the two are up in my journal, linked above now. Hope it helps.

15. I pay attention to recommendations from @davidsilva since we have a similar love of aggressive razors and many favourites in common so I switched to a Pro Super in the SE1 tonight.
    It was as close to shaving perfection as a man might hope to find upon this Earth:
    7421835A-4CC8-4798-BAA8-93B7D18D0FE7.jpeg

16. davidsilva

davidsilva Contributor

Thank you for the kind mention Marcus!
    Although I enjoy all the AC blades, my top 2 favorites are the Feather SuperPro followed closely by the Shick Proline. The Super sure does take the SE1 to a new level!
    Cheers!

17. Tokyospike

Tokyospike Contributor

My favorite two blades as well, but I prefer the Proline.

18. davidsilva

davidsilva Contributor

@Tokyospike, the Proline is a truly fine blade! The Prosuper I reserve for those times when I crave a skin peel close shave

19. Tokyospike

Tokyospike Contributor

@davidsilva, I know exactly what you mean.

Today or tomorrow will be my first shave with the SE2, and I am getting pretty excited about it.