What's new

Smoothest/best clamped gem/AC razor?

I’m new here and to wet shaving in comparison to some of the veterans here, but I’ll share what I learned over the last 6 months.

AC blades provide a better shave for me. My beard wiskers have become super coarse and rough over the years and now that I’ve got a good amount of salt and pepper in there, it feels like sandpaper.

Tried DE blades and I guess they are too weak for my beard. Constant tugging using feathers and astras with 3 different razors.

Bought a hawk v3 and some schick prolines and found the shave to be so much better. Very smooth and very little irritation.

Curiosity and the bad influence of you all got me curious what else was out there. Bought a Yaqi Remus and found the shave even better than with the hawk. Just super smooth.

At this point I bought some Kai milds, Kai pro guards, feather pros and feather supers. I’ve been testing them all and the pro lines are still the best for me. The supers destroyed my face after one shave and will never be used again. I still need to try the guarded blades.

Then I bought a blackland vector lite. The vector is super nice and very well made however it doesn’t shave as smooth as the Yaqi or the hawk and I don’t find it more efficient, just more blade feel.

This week my la faulx arrived. All the hype around these is very true. It just provides an excellent shave and is super smooth in all directions. Not the most efficient but feels better than anything I’ve used.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’m new here and to wet shaving in comparison to some of the veterans here, but I’ll share what I learned over the last 6 months.

AC blades provide a better shave for me. My beard wiskers have become super coarse and rough over the years and now that I’ve got a good amount of salt and pepper in there, it feels like sandpaper.

Tried DE blades and I guess they are too weak for my beard. Constant tugging using feathers and astras with 3 different razors.

Bought a hawk v3 and some schick prolines and found the shave to be so much better. Very smooth and very little irritation.

Curiosity and the bad influence of you all got me curious what else was out there. Bought a Yaqi Remus and found the shave even better than with the hawk. Just super smooth.

At this point I bought some Kai milds, Kai pro guards, feather pros and feather supers. I’ve been testing them all and the pro lines are still the best for me. The supers destroyed my face after one shave and will never be used again. I still need to try the guarded blades.

Then I bought a blackland vector lite. The vector is super nice and very well made however it doesn’t shave as smooth as the Yaqi or the hawk and I don’t find it more efficient, just more blade feel.

This week my la faulx arrived. All the hype around these is very true. It just provides an excellent shave and is super smooth in all directions. Not the most efficient but feels better than anything I’ve used.
I used my basic polish SS La Faulx for my most recent shave: Monday evening. I also have a few AC razors and the La Faulx might still be the best razor I’ve ever used. Prolines and I don’t seem to get along. My favorite AC blade turns out to be the Kai Titan Mild Pink after my latest review of all the AC blades though I didn’t get around to trying the Feather ProSupers. I sold all my Prolines so those weren’t retested.

Before the recent trials, the Kai Protouch was my favorite. I still get great shaves with them and use them in my Claymore Evolution around my nose for every shave.

Top Bottom