What's new

ATT SE2 vs ATT SE1 vs Colonial General SS

I don't want to jack the thread, but would it be safe to assume that if the ATT SE combo with both heads be a great step up from the RR Hawk V2? I hate to throw down $200, but......
The ATT would be a great upgrade from what you have but you could save yourself a few bucks by picking up the Stainless General from Colonial. For $99 it has proven to be a very efficient razor that shaves as good or better than the SE1 from what I've seen posted on them both. I use the Schick Proline in mine and get on average of 20 shaves per blade. Just giving you another option to go with...
20180401_094440.jpg

This morning went back to my ATT Calypso SE1 + Proline after a long run with my Generals + AC Pro Super or Pro Guard. Wonderfully effective shave, and very smooth. :thumbup:

SE1 plus Kai Pink Blade is such a smooth perfectly balanced shave.
I’m really seeing how different blade choices can lead to radically different performances from this razor.
The ATT SE1/2 combo is such a pleasure to use!
C2B84EF4-D802-4C9A-B206-C2E313F8282A.jpeg

Attachments

• D973FC32-0467-4737-9DDB-012A771CDF15.jpeg
    D973FC32-0467-4737-9DDB-012A771CDF15.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
After using the General for awhile I went back to the ATT SE1 with a feather blade. I like the fact that it has a little bit more blade exposure than the General. I like to feel the blade a little when I shave. But of course the more blade feel the more you have to pay attention what you are doing.

ATT_best.JPG

After using the General for awhile I went back to the ATT SE1 with a feather blade. I like the fact that it has a little bit more blade exposure than the General. I like to feel the blade a little when I shave. But of course the more blade feel the more you have to pay attention what you are doing.

View attachment 881308
It’s good to hear this report.
I’ve been considering acquiring a General but I too like blade feel in my razors and absolutely love the SE1 already.

View attachment 881308
This is very reassuring. I ordered an ATT 7 piece set with the slant heads and also a SE1 and SE2 head combo over the General. Looks like I made the right choice. Eager for it to land at my doorstep !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

The General is a fine razor but to me it's the Edwin Jagger of SE razors.
Ha ha - that tells me all I need to know about it...
Blatant Generalism! Or should I say Colonialism? :001_tt2:

I've grown rather fond of my two aluminum Generals: they're carefree shavers. (But they cried out for better handles -- the two on the right, below.) Whereas I quickly outgrew my EJ, I feel sure that my Generals are will be with me for the long haul.

proxy.php

Agree. I use a handle from a RazoRock Baby Smooth with the General. It is also made of aluminum so it balances very well with it.
I found the stock handle too slippery and too thin.

Agree. I use a handle from a RazoRock Baby Smooth with the General. It is also made of aluminum so it balances very well with it. ...
Yes, my UFO Kaiser is made of aluminum, too, and pairs very well. The copper one, a long "cross spiral" design from Charcoal Goods, is heavier and makes for a somewhat more aggressive shave. The interchangeable handle is a big advantage of (most) safety razors, isn't it? :lol1:

I find the SE1 to be a significant step up in efficiency compared to the Hawk. For me it is easy ti dial in with a Feather Pro Super a bit more aggressive than a Schick Proline. 2 pass perfection.
I tend to like aggressive razors, the SE1 is just right.
I pay attention to recommendations from @davidsilva since we have a similar love of aggressive razors and many favourites in common so I switched to a Pro Super in the SE1 tonight.
It was as close to shaving perfection as a man might hope to find upon this Earth:
7421835A-4CC8-4798-BAA8-93B7D18D0FE7.jpeg

Thank you for the kind mention Marcus!
Although I enjoy all the AC blades, my top 2 favorites are the Feather SuperPro followed closely by the Shick Proline. The Super sure does take the SE1 to a new level!
Cheers!

Top Bottom