What's new

ATT SE2...A Contender Emerges from the fire...

They are supposed to be made to the same specs.
That’s what I was thinking to. Good price point and kinda cool looking in my opinon. Just sold my El Jefe Blem and based on Rabidus reviews this may be a good time to try it and if it’s as good a shaver as I’m reading about the Ikon MR SE may find its way out in the wild right behind the El Jefe as I’ve had 2 shaves with it and they’ve been good but not great and why settle for less than great.

I don't think they have an aluminum version of the SE2!

I think this is correct. I'm no materials expert, but I'd think an aluminum OC razor would carry a risk of bent teeth if dropped. And because I'm no materials expert, I don't know if that risk would be greater or less than for brass (e.g. Fatip).

I don't think they have an aluminum version of the SE2!

I think this is correct. I'm no materials expert, but I'd think an aluminum OC razor would carry a risk of bent teeth if dropped. And because I'm no materials expert, I don't know if that risk would be greater or less than for brass (e.g. Fatip).
Anthony your right I just looked on their site and there is no Aluminum version of the SE 2 only the 1.. I think what I did the first time I looked at the 2nd photo I assumed it was like the SS models and the next photo was an SE 2 when it was a SE 1 with just a handle option.

Charles you bring up some good points and I think a phone call to Stan is my next move to get some answers to my questions.

Thanks to both of you! :thumbsup:

Your becoming a cheeky little Devil :devil: @rabidus

It's all your fault! :001_tt2:

You heard my cries about the "other" AC blades and introduced me to the Schick Proline, Otherwise, the AC system received no praise from me. I blame you...

I'm perfectly happy with a MMOC/GEM SS PTFE in my hand, but I feel the same way about the ATT SE1/SE2 and El Jefe's and I like the extra weight!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I wonder how the regular Feather AC blades will perform in the OC. Might bring out heir performance a bit better since they’re intended to be used in a shavette and imitate a straight razor.

You heard my cries about the "other" AC blades and introduced me to the Schick Proline, Otherwise, the AC system received no praise from me.

I agree about the Proline blades. I was out of the AC platform entirely until I found those blades.

I wonder how the regular Feather AC blades will perform in the OC. Might bring out heir performance a bit better since they’re intended to be used in a shavette and imitate a straight razor.

All of the AC blades were made for a shavette razor.

I would compare the Feather Pro to the Schick Proline for you but,
I would rather **** glass then use a Feather Pro again! :lol:
I don't have any Feather Pros!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
All of the AC blades were made for a shavette razor.

I would compare the Feather Pro to the Schick Proline for you but,
I would rather **** glass then use a Feather Pro again! :lol:
I don't have any Feather Pros!

Ha! I didn’t find the Feather Pro blades to be poor performers, just not as noticeably sharp. A real straight is usually not as keen as a DE or SE manufactured blade due to being honed by human hands (generally speaking, some guys get them crazy sharp). I find the Feather Pro to feel as close to a straight blade as possible while still being a manufactured blade.

Ha! I didn’t find the Feather Pro blades to be poor performers, just not as noticeably sharp. A real straight is usually not as keen as a DE or SE manufactured blade due to being honed by human hands (generally speaking, some guys get them crazy sharp). I find the Feather Pro to feel as close to a straight blade as possible while still being a manufactured blade.

I actually prefer the Kai Mild PINK over the Feather Pro! I have areas where it takes many strokes to reduce to nothing. The Schick Proline takes less strokes than the Feather and Kai.

I've never used a str8 razor before, but I can't imagine using something less sharp than the Schick Proline or GEM SS PTFE.

My problem is that I need to be BBS in all directions.

I used the El Jefe/Schick Proline this morning and I'm now starting to "feel" stubble ATG some 12 hours later.

The Feather Pro could not get my head shave smooth at all, while the Proline get it completely smooth no problem.

If what you say is true, then I probably won't like str8 razors.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I actually prefer the Kai Mild PINK over the Feather Pro! I have areas where it takes many strokes to reduce to nothing. The Schick Proline takes less strokes than the Feather and Kai.

I've never used a str8 razor before, but I can't imagine using something less sharp than the Schick Proline or GEM SS PTFE.

My problem is that I need to be BBS in all directions.

I used the El Jefe/Schick Proline this morning and I'm now starting to "feel" stubble ATG some 12 hours later.

The Feather Pro could not get my head shave smooth at all, while the Proline get it completely smooth no problem.

If what you say is true, then I probably won't like str8 razors.

You likely won’t like them unless they’ve been honed very well and then finished on something like a .1 Diamond or CBN spray for an extremely fine edge. You can get a straight wicked sharp, it just takes the right tools. That said, I find it hard to get BBS in every direction with a straight simply because the edge is 3” long! I have some areas around my jawline where a pass straight against the grain isn’t quite possible with such a long edge without slicing myself. Unless your beard grows in very simple directions you may have an issue with that. That said, a straight edge is much more gentle on my skin and much more enjoyable to use at the same time. You might enjoy it even if you have to do a safety razor touch up.

It's all your fault! :001_tt2:

You heard my cries about the "other" AC blades and introduced me to the Schick Proline, Otherwise, the AC system received no praise from me. I blame you...

Welcome to my world of wet shaving @rabidus :001_tt2::devil::a17: and may the Schick Proline Force be with you :a45: feel the power of the Dark side of the Force :001_302::devil:

Last edited:
You likely won’t like them unless they’ve been honed very well and then finished on something like a .1 Diamond or CBN spray for an extremely fine edge. You can get a straight wicked sharp, it just takes the right tools. That said, I find it hard to get BBS in every direction with a straight simply because the edge is 3” long! I have some areas around my jawline where a pass straight against the grain isn’t quite possible with such a long edge without slicing myself. Unless your beard grows in very simple directions you may have an issue with that. That said, a straight edge is much more gentle on my skin and much more enjoyable to use at the same time. You might enjoy it even if you have to do a safety razor touch up.

Not only do I have to shave in many directions, I have different levels of coarseness throughout my beard. I give each area the attention it needs rather than do a 20+ pass on my entire face everyday.

THE Proline leaves my face feeling better than any DE blade I've used. I no longer use DE razors, and don't know how people go back and forth between DE and SE.

Welcome to my world of wet shaving @rabidus :001_tt2::devil::a17: and may the Schick Proline Force be with you :a45: feel the power of the Dark side of the Force :001_302::devil:

It's a beautiful thing... :thumbsup:

I used the SE2 today for shave 6 on a Proline. The SE2 is borderline shavette with safety still in place. Definitely have to focus but it provided an excellent BBS shave. Little to no feedback from the alcohol AS.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I haven’t gotten any shipping notification yet for my SE2. :( I want it! Not much patience lol

I still use DE Razors as well. I’m a fan of the Voskhod blades paired with OC razors. That said I do prefer my General, so I’m having high expectations from the SE2 since I generally prefer OC Razors as well.

I haven’t gotten any shipping notification yet for my SE2. :( I want it! Not much patience lol

I still use DE Razors as well. I’m a fan of the Voskhod blades paired with OC razors. That said I do prefer my General, so I’m having high expectations from the SE2 since I generally prefer OC Razors as well.

It will be a different experience than with the General!

Top Bottom