What's new

ATT SE2...A Contender Emerges from the fire...

IMAG0597_1.jpg

I've been using the El Jefe/Schick Proline everyday pretty much and it is an outstanding razor that will get me my desired results with no fuss. But...everytime I use my MMOC, I notice that it gets me to the same results a tad quicker. Nothing to sneeze at but noticeable. Well, the ATT SE2 has that same increase in efficiency as the MMOC while remaining smooth.

The SE2 may have dethroned the El Jefe on the first shave.

For me, there's only one AC blade, the Schick Proline. I have no doubt that it is sharper than Feather or Kai. It slices through my coarse stubble with ease.

The SE2/Schick Proline and MMOC/GEM SS PTFE seems to be on the same level when it comes to efficiency, which is at the top.

I used the Asylum RX in a passaround and I have to say that the SE2 is the better "safety" razor. The SE2 offers safety and yet maximizes the efficiency of the Schick Proline blade, which I find to be the sharpest of the AC blades. The RX on the other hand does not offer safety or any increase in efficiency.

Is the SE2 worth the extra coins over the El Jefe? The slight increase in efficiency and outstanding craftsmanship of the SE2 makes it worth it for me.

I will continue to use the SE2, and see how it continues to perform.

I shaved my face and head with the SE2 today...

images(2).jpg

Last edited:
@rabidus I'm going to dub you the great enabler! I have been sharing your enthusiasm for El Jefe and am currently testing it versus a GEM MMOC with blade samplers for both. Now I have to lust for the SE2 as well??

Great review! This confirms my suspicions that the SE2 is a highly under-rated razor both from the standpoint of efficiency and for the fact that it's the only (as far as I know!) AC open comb razor thus far. For right now I'll hold what I've got and keep putting my MMOC to the test, but I'll keep my eye on the SE2!

@rabidus I'm going to dub you the great enabler! I have been sharing your enthusiasm for El Jefe and am currently testing it versus a GEM MMOC with blade samplers for both. Now I have to lust for the SE2 as well??

I just call it like I see it! :punk:

The El Jefe is just a step behind the MMOC in efficiency for me.

My technique is, my razor doesn't stop until I hit BBS everyday. The El Jefe takes a few more strokes than the MMOC. I've been using the MMOC mainly on my head shaves, the wider AC blade doesn't offer any real benefit for my head shaves.

Out of the El Jefe, ATT SE2, and MMOC, I would be happy with either one of them if I had to pick just one.

I would love to hear about your comparison between the El Jefe and MMOC!

2nd shave with the SE2.

If you like highly efficient smooth razors, I'm not sure why you don't own a SE2, it's exactly that. I only shaved my face with it today, I used the MMOC on my head shave.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to try the Asylum RX, the SE2 is a better fit for me and worth the price of admission. The El Jefe has been benched for now...

Looks like I'll be using the SE2 and MMOC for OCtober...

Happy to hear you got the SE2 you wanted and even better that it meets up to your expectations. If it's on par with the MMOC and El Jefe than it must be one hell of a razor and that one was under the radar gun I think for a lot of us.
Nice score and great shaves my friend!! :thumbup1:

BTW is that the Atlas handle you got.. looks like it in the photos. How does it feel in hand say compared to the El Jefe?

I have the ATT SE1 and it's my favorite razor. I've heard the SE2 is a little more aggressive. I may have to try one someday.

BTW is that the Atlas handle you got.. looks like it in the photos. How does it feel in hand say compared to the El Jefe?

It is the Atlas handle. It weighs about 3 grams less than the $20 SS handle I use with my El Jefe. The dimensions are the same.

IMAG0447_1.jpg

The SE2 head weighs about 20 grams more than the El Jefe head.
The El Jefe is more handle heavy while the SE2 is more equally balanced.

I said before, that the only thing keeping the El Jefe from matching the efficiency of the MMOC was that it was not OC. The SE2 is on the same level as the MMOC as far as efficiency, the weight difference is something I can't put into words. I favor the MMOC for my head shaves.

Make no mistake about it, the El Jefe is outstanding but the SE2 is making a statement!

Last edited:
It is the Atlas handle. It weighs about 3 grams less than the $20 SS handle I use with my El Jefe. The dimensions are the same.

View attachment 825161

The SE2 head weighs about 20 grams more than the El Jefe head.
The El Jefe is more handle heavy while the SE2 is more equally balanced.

I said before, that the only thing keeping the El Jefe from matching the efficiency of the MMOC was that it was not OC. The SE2 is on the same level as the MMOC as far as efficiency, the weight difference is something I can't put into words. I favor the MMOC for my head shaves.

Make no mistake about it, the El Jefe is outstanding but the SE2 is making a statement!
Good description of the SE2 and it sounds that was a good buy and I never New it came in an Open Comb which is a big plus. An it looks really nice and well machined.
Enjoy it my friend!!

For me, there's only one AC blade, the Schick Proline. I have no doubt that it is sharper than Feather or Kai. It slices through my coarse stubble with ease.
How does the Proline compare to the Pro Super in terms of thickness and width? I really enjoy the size advantage that the Pro Super has over the Feather AC Pro. I find Pros to be harsh, Pro Supers just right.
PS: ATT SE2 Colossus (v1) is a staple of my rotation, which includes the Colonial General (aluminum) and the ATT Calypso SE. Highly effective razor.

Last edited:
I only use Feather Pro Supers in my SE2. The larger form factor makes it a bit more efficient on my face. I never use a Pro Super in my Asylum RX, as any Kai mild works just fine.

How does the Proline compare to the Pro Super in terms of thickness and width? I really enjoy the size advantage that the Pro Super has over the Feather AC Pro. I find Pros to be harsh, Pro Supers just right.
PS: ATT SE2 Colossus (v1) is a staple of my rotation, which includes the Colonial General (aluminum) and the ATT Calypso SE. Highly effective razor.

The Proline has the same dimensions as the Kai Mild PINK and Feather Pro, but I find the Proline to be much more efficient.

Top Bottom