What's new

ATT SE2...A Contender Emerges from the fire...

SE2 V1 today, shave 3 on the blade, 48 hours growth. A little more blade feel than the SE1, but not as much as the SE2 V2.

Something for everyone...

First ever shave with SE2 V2 and fresh Proline blade this morning (mostly a DE guy). My closest BBS ever in wet shaving. Just a wee bit of irritation in my trouble spot, but one remarkably close shave. I’ll be using this baby often to improve my technique with it. I’ll be looking to achieve this level of BBS with zero irritation. I’m glad I acquired this fine razor.

Thought I would chime in. Hope no one minds.
Our first SE razor was the SE1 (solid bar) it was followed by an Open Comb version with the same blade gap as the SE1. A number of guys requested a more aggressive razor. Since I try to listen to our customers as much as I can so the SE2 (V2) was born. Also, the SE2 (v2) has a longer comb than the original SE2. As noted the SE2 V1 was very short lived and any SE2 sold on our site is the V2 model.
On my face the SE2 is our most aggressive razor. I do have the SE1 in my rotation but not the SE2.
I considered a designing a Slant (SE3) but decided not to primarily due to the blade being so rigid. I feared there would be loading issues.
So there's a little ATT SE history for you. Have a great day.
Thank you, Stan, for that bit of ATT history. I was lucky to get one of the last the SE2 v1s -- the v2 was already in production when I ordered. The v1 is my go-to razor for multi-day growth. On normal days, I'm more likely to reach for the Calypso. ;)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I enjoyed your post, Stan. Thanks for the history.

upload_2018-12-31_11-55-24.png

The SE2 is, for me, way too harsh unless I use a steeper angle. At some point around the neutral angle or a bit steeper the razor is, for me, much more comfortable. Then I find the SE2 and the SE1 very similar although not entirely the same.

I could get by with either and find them both excellent razors.

A steep angle makes all the difference.

I considered a designing a Slant (SE3) but decided not to primarily due to the blade being so rigid. I feared there would be loading issues.

That would be quite a razor!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom