What's new

ATT SE1...Take a Bow...

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Then reduce the blade exposure for more rigidity in the blade. This results in an even smother shave.

amen-brotha-preach-it-troll-me-when-bibletruth-is-preached-329550.png

Hmmm. Rigidity equates to smoothness. I'm sure I've read that somewhere before.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
100%, Rigidity means smoothness and zero irritation. Blade chatter/ bending back is what cause those weepers and irritation.

Exactly. Something a few of us have been preaching to sometimes deaf ears for quite some time.

Thats the main reason I've moved to my MMOC. The thicker SE blade just does not flex at all and gives me a smoother, more gentle and closer shave because of it.

Anthony has said so often that many who have issues with shaving ATG, most likely are experiencing that lack of rigidity.

I joined this forum because of his posts. I could only understand so much and I needed to join so I could see pictures and better understand. Once I got my head around it, it was an epiphany and I never looked back.

Slowly but surely people are starting to understand.

V2...I got the head during the Black Friday sale...excited to try it out. I also have the new Paradigm SE in route so I will be sure to post my comparison after a few weeks.

First SE's?

I have the SE2, it's the most efficient razor I've tried and demands respect. From the reviews, the Paradigm is the exact opposite.

First SE's?

I have the SE2, it's the most efficient razor I've tried and demands respect. From the reviews, the Paradigm is the exact opposite.

I also have a Blackland Vector and a Supply Injector. I am primarily a DE guy, but I enjoy the variety of SE a few times per month.

Shave 14, blade flipped, 24 hours growth...

Didn't have much to shave, I felt stubble, now I don't, BBS once again. I can add a considerable amount of pressure at this point without fear, the blade is still sharp enough to keep going.

I've concluded that I like a fresh Proline in both the SE1 and SE2, but I don't don't like this blade at 14 shaves in the SE2. The aging blade is actually less comfortable in the more aggressive SE2. It's not as efficient in the SE1 at this point, but I can add pressure to compensate and it is extremely smooth. I just have to remember to lighten up with a fresh blade. Oddly enough, I've been doing this for some time, Excalibur member in all, @Esox spelled it out though!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've concluded that I like a fresh Proline in both the SE1 and SE2, but I don't don't like this blade at 14 shaves in the SE2. The aging blade is actually less comfortable in the more aggressive SE2. It's not as efficient in the SE1 at this point, but I can add pressure to compensate and it is extremely smooth. I just have to remember to lighten up with a fresh blade. Oddly enough, I've been doing this for some time, Excalibur member in all, @Esox spelled it out though!

I'm surprised a well used blade doesnt work well in the SE2, thats been on my mind lately. As blades wear they need to be used more aggressively to get the same performance from them.

It wont take much of a reminder to tell you that you have a fresh blade in lol.

I'm surprised a well used blade doesnt work well in the SE2, thats been on my mind lately. As blades wear they need to be used more aggressively to get the same performance from them.

It wont take much of a reminder to tell you that you have a fresh blade in lol.

Less blade gap and safety bar reduces stubble stroke after stroke comfortably. When the blade dulls, it simply takes more strokes to reduce.

A dull blade in the SE2 with all blade exposure and open comb, tries to cut the stubble at the root where it is toughest to cut which is uncomfortable. The only place it's really a problem is on my chin and above my lip where my stubble is toughest. it will still reduce, it just won't be comfortable. No issues with a fresh blade. I'll explore it further when I finish this blade.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Less blade gap and safety bar reduces stubble stroke after stroke comfortably. When the blade dulls, it simply takes more strokes to reduce.

A dull blade in the SE2 with all blade exposure and open comb, tries to cut the stubble at the root where it is toughest to cut which is uncomfortable. The only place it's really a problem is on my chin and above my lip where my stubble is toughest. it will still reduce, it just won't be comfortable. No issues with a fresh blade. I'll explore it further when I finish this blade.

I use the PTFE blades in my MMOC until I can feel warmth on my skin after BBS'ing under my chin. If I need enough pressure that I can feel the heat, its time. Past time really, to change blades.

Ten is the most I've had and I change them now at 8 or 9, I havent been keeping track lately. One thing I have noticed so far is, every PTFE blade I've yet used has performed the same. They dont seem to vary at all blade to blade. Some DE brands did.

I use the PTFE blades in my MMOC until I can feel warmth on my skin after BBS'ing under my chin. If I need enough pressure that I can feel the heat, its time. Past time really, to change blades.

Ten is the most I've had and I change them now at 8 or 9, I havent been keeping track lately. One thing I have noticed so far is, every PTFE blade I've yet used has performed the same. They dont seem to vary at all blade to blade. Some DE brands did.
When you're done with a blade in the MMOC, put it in the Bullet tip and see what it does! For science...

Top Bottom