What's new

Is a Lupo 95 aggressive enough for me?

Different. Both good razors. The Lupo 95 is a more "traditional" head design although it allows for a pretty flexible shave angle. I can get very good shaves with the Lupo. The Blackbird is a higher quality tool, and the head design on the Blackbird makes it pretty easy to get a very efficient shave. The "as designed" shave angle for the Blackbird is basically "keep the flat part of the head against the skin" so it's pretty easy to get the angle right. Between the two I would probably say it's easier for me to get a very efficient shave with the Blackbird because of the head shape. Overall they are both really good.

Different. Both good razors. The Lupo 95 is a more "traditional" head design although it allows for a pretty flexible shave angle. I can get very good shaves with the Lupo. The Blackbird is a higher quality tool, and the head design on the Blackbird makes it pretty easy to get a very efficient shave. The "as designed" shave angle for the Blackbird is basically "keep the flat part of the head against the skin" so it's pretty easy to get the angle right. Between the two I would probably say it's easier for me to get a very efficient shave with the Blackbird because of the head shape. Overall they are both really good.
Very helpful. Thanks!

I used my Lupo 95 (safety bar, not open comb) this morning. For me it's pretty efficient but compared to the Blackbird it takes me a little bit longer to get the same shave quality as the Blackbird. At regular prices the Lupo is about one third the price of a Blackbird, so I think the Lupo is a pretty good value. The advantage of the Blackbird for me is I get a lot of efficiency in a shorter amount of time, and less "blade to face" time means less risk of irritation.

Another razor that is very efficient for me is the R41. The cast metal version is not expensive. I happen to have the stainless steel R41 but it performs the same as the cast metal one (I think it's maybe 1g heavier). It might be worth considering also.

Thanks again, StewB! I just might try an R41. Then again, I might save my pennies for a Blackbird. It seems your shaving experiences are similar to mine. With my SE2, which is the most brutal blade exposure razor I've experienced, I find the same as you do with your Blackbird. Less "blade to face" time with a shave as close if not closer than my other razors with less irritation.

Thanks again, StewB! I just might try an R41. Then again, I might save my pennies for a Blackbird. It seems your shaving experiences are similar to mine. With my SE2, which is the most brutal blade exposure razor I've experienced, I find the same as you do with your Blackbird. Less "blade to face" time with a shave as close if not closer than my other razors with less irritation.
I agree with @StewB. The hot razor everyone is talking about is the Game Changer 1.05 it is at the top of their aggression scale.

I agree with @StewB. The hot razor everyone is talking about is the Game Changer 1.05 it is at the top of their aggression scale.
Wow. I just went and looked this up. I hadn't known about it at all. I guess it just came out, yeah? Now if I'm buying my first Razorock, how do I decide between the Lupo .95 and the GC 1.05? This is one of the reasons I ended up with too many razors.

Wow. I just went and looked this up. I hadn't known about it at all. I guess it just came out, yeah? Now if I'm buying my first Razorock, how do I decide between the Lupo .95 and the GC 1.05? This is one of the reasons I ended up with too many razors.
The obvious answer is to get both and then sell the one you don’t like.

That's what I always tell myself, and that's how I end up with too many razors.
I have bought and sold more razors than I can count. Currently have my Grandfather’s 1939 Tech and a 1948-50 Aristocrat with a Timeless SS .95 inbound. I tried the GC .84 and .95 Lupo OC, and the Brassbird. All great shavers but couldn’t see using them over the long term. Hopefully the Timeless will be a keeper. If not I could be happy with my vintage Gillettes.

I have both the lupo 1.27 and gamechanger 1.05, but I am too lazy to do a comparison between the two. anyone else compare these 2 razors and see which one is more efficient?

I have both the lupo 0.95 and the Karve razor with the oc F plate. I don't use my G plate. The F plate is in my opinion more efficient then the Lupo. So, if you are after something more efficient then the Karve F plate, you might consider the G plate.
If you want the efficiency of a G plate you can also get a Blackbird.

I have both the lupo 0.95 and the Karve razor with the oc F plate. I don't use my G plate. The F plate is in my opinion more efficient then the Lupo. So, if you are after something more efficient then the Karve F plate, you might consider the G plate.
If you want the efficiency of a G plate you can also get a Blackbird.
This is really good feedback. Thank you.

Top Bottom