What's new

ATT SE1...Take a Bow...

We will continue to make additions to the Windsor format. This process takes time and we are trying to keep the transition as painless for our customers as we can. The next Windsor addition you will see will be the SE1 (single edge) head. This is a popular razor and we wanted to get it back on the site again soon. Look for it to appear at the end of January. We are also working on the Slant as well. Look for the Slant in February.
Many have asked about the Atlas, Kronos and Colossus. It is true they have been discontinued. However, don’t be shocked if one of them reappears as a special limited fun in 2019. Perhaps a Kronos Slant in Bronze or perhaps a Colossus SE1 in Titanium.
We will try to keep our offerings fresh.

Thanks for the update!

I have an ATT SE1 on the way from someone that wasn’t happy with it when they got it on Black Friday. I’m finally going to try it now.

Do you guys leave the blades in the razors when you’re done shaving?

I disassemble the razor, rinse, dry, hand-strop and flip the blade, but then, yes, I put it back in the razor til the next shave. Sounds like a lot, but I’ve done this with every razor I’ve used since day one, so just seems normal to me.

I just give the razor a rinse when I'm done. I flip the blade the next day, right before I shave. I never dry the razor.

After a few shaves I can say without a doubt that the SE1 is the most efficient razor I have ever used. I got a few ingrown hairs and an itching sensation to prove it. I even used a Kai Mild. Definitely got to improve my technique with this one.

After a few shaves I can say without a doubt that the SE1 is the most efficient razor I have ever used. I got a few ingrown hairs and an itching sensation to prove it. I even used a Kai Mild. Definitely got to improve my technique with this one.

Try Schick Proline blades and say good by to the ingrown hair and itching sensation!

I don't find Kai blades as sharp.

Try Schick Proline blades and say good by to the ingrown hair and itching sensation!

I don't find Kai blades as sharp.
I don’t find them sharp either, they always tug WTG but I always use them since they are very forgiving blades. Honestly it was all on me and shaved the same way that I do with the Paradigm SE(with some ATG buffing).

I don’t find them sharp either, they always tug WTG but I always use them since they are very forgiving blades. Honestly it was all on me and shaved the same way that I do with the Paradigm SE(with some ATG buffing).

After you get comfortable with it, move up to the Proline, you won't regret it!

If you can stand more pressure with the Kai, that should help with the ingrowns and itching.

Just had to bring this thread up and mention this razor from Above The Tie. I acquired the SE1 (2016 version) less than a year ago for a decent price, I think $80-$90ish. Not that I needed it but, just wanted to see how it fared against some of the other SE’s (Vector, Rx, Brass Gen., Claymore, Cobra, Ikon “El Jefe”, Ikon MR-SE, Enoch, & Hawk V3) in my den which range from very good to excellent shavers. And I must say that the SE1 is no slouch when it comes to slicing & dicing whiskers. Works well with a wide array of blades especially with the Schick Proline installed. Has good weight to the razor head with better than average smoothness that gets me a BBS finish in 2 and sometimes 3 full passes without a need for touch ups or buffing. The Vector is the King in terms of balance, smoothness, nimbleness and good efficiency with the Rx being top dog in whisker annihilating prowess though it is the least smoothest/comfortable razor in my line up. The SE1 surprisingly fits right in between those two and feels similar to the Hawk & MR-SE with maybe just the tiniest amount more of blade feel. Honestly, it’s a surprisingly good performer that competes well with today’s newer SE razors even though it’s only 5 years young. Still it’s an excellent razor made by ATT to quality standards and I believe is still relevant in today’s SE shaving market.

I’m glad I was able to pick one up and I consider it to be a top notch performer....

0478D51D-D9D5-4E33-AA83-CB671AA02436.jpeg

Top Bottom