What's new

As The Dust Begins To Settle....

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Congratulations! I always thought a video on this subject would be a good idea. Especially since so many guys don't have anyone to teach them.

My father always used an electric, so I was on my own with the blade. At around 15 or 16 my mom bought me a bag of BIC disposables and tried to tell me how to use them. If I hadn't joined the Navy I'd probably still be wearing tissue on my face every day.

mantic said:
*sigh*...I was hoping to be finished with the DE webisode by now, but I screwed up the white balance on my camera, so I'm going to have to re-shoot most of the raw footage I took. I'm going to shoot to having it up on YouTube by September 8.

--Mark

Mmm, messed up white balance. I once used reset the white balance using a neon pink sheet of paper that was sitting on my desk... if I recall correctly, everything turned green after that. Since then I've occassionally played with it while bored.

Totally awesome! Just what I needed to boost my confidence and improve my technique. Seeing someone elses process is incredibly valuable. I'm so excited to go to Target and get some Proraso. I thought it was in the shaving section for some reason ;) and now I get to go look again!

These are great videos, and they may help the tech-savvy crowd over at Digg to make the move over to wetshaving. The comments there are encouraging.

I'm in College Station, working on my third degree from A&M. I have an eagle-eye for "Aggies" in maroon or white. :biggrin:

I did a quick "video blog" introducing the channel to all the new subscribers. And yes, I suggested checking out the various internet resources, so it will be interesting to see if there is a surge of new members!

BBRex said:
I'm in College Station, working on my third degree from A&M. I have an eagle-eye for "Aggies" in maroon or white. :biggrin:
I just found out I may be doing a seminar on shaving for Res. Life. Get them Corp's guys to shave like men! Whoop! :cool:

--Mark

These videos REALLY are good and have been VERY helpful to me as a newbie. The links need to be made into sticky posts, if they haven't already.

WOW! I just checked my YouTube statistics and the first video broke 30,000 views! :ohmy:

I've noticed an interesting trend: the other two videos in the Introduction series have about one-third the views of part 1. So to me that means of the people who view the first part, fully one in three are interested enough to continue viewing and (hopefully!) try traditional shaving. I find this quite encouraging, actually, for a grooming activity that most people hate!! :wink2:

--Mark

Top Bottom