What's new

Arrival of the ARLINGTON

So this one other soap I have always had my eyes on since I started Wet Shaving. After rave reviews and the scent I took the plunge and bought it. Now here it is and I can't wait to lather it tonight! I have sensitive skin but I believe i've gotten over that fact b/c the burn comes from the blades I've used and know when its aggressive. I'm going to lather it with my Duke 3, 1305, SOC & Omega's 31064 and Pro 48. I hope you all have a great day!

Thanks!

Attachments

• $IMG_20110620_094805.jpg
    $IMG_20110620_094805.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 222
Baxter of CA aftershave! It has a dominant lemon aroma to it so i think it will pair really well with that!

Great stuff! Arlington is one of my favourite soaps and a wonderful choice for the summer. Once you have broken open the packaging and had the opportunity to use your new puck, please share your thoughts in this thread.

I wanted to love this one - I just love the scent. But I just can't get the same rich, dense lather I can get with other soaps.

Again - I think it's my water. Ironic that I live in London!

John

As Promised attached are my test lathers with this soap from lnite w/ the 5 shaving brushes. I really can't wait to shave with it this morning. This scent is exquisite as for the lather it makes me speechless b/c I know that I'm going to get a great shave with it. Well Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• $IMG_3725.jpg
    $IMG_3725.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 123
  • $IMG_3727.jpg
    $IMG_3727.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 123
  • $IMG_3729.jpg
    $IMG_3729.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 123
  • $IMG_3730.jpg
    $IMG_3730.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 123
  • $IMG_3731.jpg
    $IMG_3731.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 124
Can't really say, but I've heard Marlborough is close to Tabac and was not a fan of that! I really like the Arlington b/c of the citrus masculine hint to it. I would say it did not have a powdery scent, that's where MWF would be placed.

Can't really say, but I've heard Marlborough is close to Tabac and was not a fan of that! I really like the Arlington b/c of the citrus masculine hint to it. I would say it did not have a powdery scent, that's where MWF would be placed.

I have Tabac and Marlborough, they don't smell similar to me. I have Arlington cream and I have to use a lot (2-3 times as much) to get a good shave, whereas with my Marlborough soap I just load it up and have amazing shaves. Actually, I find that this Harris soap has the best glide and cushion of any soap I have used; well I do really like the QCS Green Irish Tweed with Tallow though I am still perfecting my lather. I am sure Arlington soap will be lovely and I love the scent, perfect for summer I just use so much I feel it is best saved for a special occasion.

Am I the only one that like Marlborough better?
With over 6 billion people on the planet it's a safe bet that no one holds a unique opinion that no other person holds. Does it really matter? Are your preferences affected by those of others?

I prefer Marlborough. It pairs better with DRH's sandalwood AS. Keep in mind that scent is very subjective. Don't assume that forum posts have any statistical relevance. Arlington seems to be the most discussed DRH scent but that doesn't mean that no one uses Marlborough, almond, lavender, etc.

Never used Tabac but I wouldn't expect it to smell anything like Marlborough based on descriptions of Tabac. Cedar (possibly other wood too) is a major component of Marlborough and is never used to describe Tabac that I've seen.

Last edited:
I also in general use a lot more to get a great lather because I want the same consistent lather for a multi-pass shave! Also at the same time you get protection thats guaranteed and a lot fewer of nicks.

With over 6 billion people on the planet it's a safe bet that no one holds a unique opinion that no other person holds. Does it really matter? Are your preferences affected by those of others?

I prefer Marlborough. It pairs better with DRH's sandalwood AS. Keep in mind that scent is very subjective. Don't assume that forum posts have any statistical relevance. Arlington seems to be the most discussed DRH scent but that doesn't mean that no one uses Marlborough, almond, lavender, etc.

Never used Tabac but I wouldn't expect it to smell anything like Marlborough based on descriptions of Tabac. Cedar (possibly other wood too) is a major component of Marlborough and is never used to describe Tabac that I've seen.

Agreed on all points, I was just making an observation. I am sure what my messed up nose (bad sinuses) smells on many things is far different from others. I will say that I am looking forward to using the Tabac I have, it is a sample that is milled so the scent comes through nice as it is now, soon it will be packed and ready for some smooth shaves.

Takeshi - What part of Houston are you from?

YMMV, but Arlington reminds me of Williams, scent wise. All the Harris soaps I've tried have been excellent but I'm kind of stuck on their lavender.

Top Bottom