What's new

Stirling Solidus Shaving Soap

I recently ordered a new puck from Stirling (Outdoor Man this time, b/c it was on sale). It arrived with the usual generous sample....this time the sample was "Solidus," one of their new ones, I think. I took the sample and pressed it into the mug I was using to finish up what was left of the
Stirling Baker Street, which was almost gone. I have shaved twice now with the Solidus, and neither time could I produce much of a lather.....what their
was was thin, watery and dried out on my face almost immediately. I had to re-lather each side of my face in order to shave at all. VERY unlike
anything I have experienced in the 3-4 years I've been using Stirling.

Has anybody else experienced this, or just me? This morning (after my second "fail,") I opened the new Outdoor Man, re-lathered and produced the
usual mountain of lather so I could continue my shave. No problem, I guess, since it was a FREE sample, so I guess I'll just use this Solidus in the
shower, just like a bar of regular soap.....just wondering if anybody else had had the same problem....

I recently ordered a new puck from Stirling (Outdoor Man this time, b/c it was on sale). It arrived with the usual generous sample....this time the sample was "Solidus," one of their new ones, I think. I took the sample and pressed it into the mug I was using to finish up what was left of the
Stirling Baker Street, which was almost gone. I have shaved twice now with the Solidus, and neither time could I produce much of a lather.....what their
was was thin, watery and dried out on my face almost immediately. I had to re-lather each side of my face in order to shave at all. VERY unlike
anything I have experienced in the 3-4 years I've been using Stirling.

Has anybody else experienced this, or just me? This morning (after my second "fail,") I opened the new Outdoor Man, re-lathered and produced the
usual mountain of lather so I could continue my shave. No problem, I guess, since it was a FREE sample, so I guess I'll just use this Solidus in the
shower, just like a bar of regular soap.....just wondering if anybody else had had the same problem....
I am thinking the same as @Hawkweber in that I think you mis-read the label and actually received a sample of the bath soap. I've been ordering from Stirling for over 6yrs and have never received a sample shave soap, it's always been a bath bar.

Stirling Shaving Soap Sample vs Stirling Bath Soap Sample: A Visual Reference
Samples.jpg

Shave Soap Sample (L), Bath Soap Sample (R)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have to think that you got a bath soap sample, as the others have so wisely stated. I'm just jumping on the band wagon, as I don't have enough skillz to play nuttin' but the drum pad!

It happened to me with Tremonia. I thought I had ordered a refill of shaving soap and instead it was the bath soap. They are both round and I did not realized it until I begun trying to produce any resemblance of shaving lather :001_rolle.

The bath soaps are rectangular, shave soaps are discs.
I have gotten their wonderful free sample soaps with orders. The last time I got a little bit of Evergreen Forest shave soap (which I used this morning) but I've also gotten Bay Rum bath soap.

It happened to me with Tremonia. I thought I had ordered a refill of shaving soap and instead it was the bath soap. They are both round and I did not realized it until I begun trying to produce any resemblance of shaving lather :001_rolle.
Almost 7yrs and multiple orders and have yet to see a bath soap sample that was round!! All of the ones I've received with every order was rectangular.

I'm sorry, I just went back and re-read your post and you specifically mentioned Tremonia. I thought we were all talking about Stirling here because it is a Stirling thread... My bad...

I can actually second this.
Solidus did give me some issues when lathering too, but the scent is gorgeous. I hope they will bring it back.

I can actually second this.
Solidus did give me some issues when lathering too, but the scent is gorgeous. I hope they will bring it back.
should be back along with all Black Friday scents from '23 in July of this year for the final go around.
If you want to stock up, that'd be the time. and time will tell which ones become a new regular addition.
so far, none from '22 have made it (yet) which stinks because I got med. man, SB129, bonafide and Stirling black are all excellent.
I buy up every bath soap of new releases, then see what I like and get the shave soaps in July each year. this looks like another expensive July for me as Arlen, Maribor, Bonaparte, etc. are all killer.
I enjoyed Solidus quite a bit but for some reason it just reminds me of something I would have worn in high school so that one will not be on my list moving forward. but it is getting LOTS of love on the Stirling FB page.

I love the Solidus scent and Arlen.
Solidus, Arlen, First light and red eye all smell amazing
red eye is likely my favorite release from this year, and one of my favorite of all time.
I knew it was based on polo red intense and knew I already love that scent, so I went ahead and ordered the soap and splash right off the tip. and will be getting a second set this July. it is seriously awesome stuff.

Top Bottom