What's new

2024 Shaving Resolutions

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
1) No digital spending. I can buy whatever I want, so long as it's in person, with cash.

2) Get to know my new brushes better, and get them all through their initial break in.

3) Reduce current number of brushes by at least 10% over the course of the year, and offload some of the razors I don't use.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've had a beautiful B&B brush sitting on my shelf for many years. There were only 50 made and they were going like hotcakes. I should have asked a few questions, but I was afraid I would miss the boat - so I jumped on the list. I used it 2 or 3 times, but it's clearly a knot for a facelatherer who likes some scrub, not a scuttle guy who hates scrub.

It's pretty, so I've been enjoying it as a work of art, but a few years ago I decided it was unfair to let it go to waste on my shelf. Next week I'm going to put it on the forum. Next week . . . and next week . . .

Well, weeks turned into years. Sometime this year I'm going to actually list it - but probably not next week.

I'm happy to report that I finally did list this brush in B, S & T. I had some trouble getting the pictures from Amazon Photos to B&B, but I finally did it using my phone.

I didn't really make any shaving resolutions this year. If I was going to set goals, though...
  1. Use up the soap and cream that I have before I buy more. I shave every day whether I need to or not and I don't have a huge stock on hand, so that's at least reasonable.
  2. Use up the carts that I have and transition back to DE, but that could take a while (I stocked up on Guard carts last year so I have a goodly number of them, but my wife also uses them). For those that care, I plan to stick with the Gillette Super Blue razor and blades for my DE weapon of choice. It's not a luxurious option, but it seems to be the one my face likes the best, so why not?
I think that's it, really. I'm pretty simple.

This is an interesting thread. I’m in the 2024 sabbatical and plan on buying NOTHING!

I’ve already substantially reduced my razor collection down to 6 that I really like, I have 7 brushes, mostly boars, and they’re all I could ever want, plenty of blades, soaps and aftershaves. I’m probably set for life!

My resolution is to be happy with what I have and to enjoy the camaraderie here on B&B.

Top Bottom