What's new

2024 Shaving Resolutions

With the new year about to begin, I thought it might be fun to chronicle your resolutions, assuming you have any. This could serve as a record for you to refrence this time next year to see how accurate it was, or as a public declaration of intent to help hold yourself to account. Or anything else, really.

For me, in 2024, I resolve to:
  • Not buy any more soap. Seriously, I need to 3017 some of this stuff, it is getting hard to explain to the other members of the household... :p
  • Stop bombing out of GRUMES. It is only a month, I need to exercise a modicum of restraint.
  • Offload some razors. Or, at a minimum, act on my one-in-one-out policy
  • Not use Arko. A man has to have standards, :)
Anyone else have any to share?

For 2024,

I'm not entering anymore GRUME months. I want to buy what I want when I want and without guilt!

No more SWS, SOTM, or other groups that restrict my choices of what I'm going to use to shave. Variety is the name of the game for 2024.

I'm going to swap blades when I want, change razors when I want, choose my soap and aftershave as the mood dictates that morning.

About the only thing I'm going to commit to is to continue with my usual routine of a morning shave, thus I have joined the 366 daily shave group.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've had a beautiful B&B brush sitting on my shelf for many years. There were only 50 made and they were going like hotcakes. I should have asked a few questions, but I was afraid I would miss the boat - so I jumped on the list. I used it 2 or 3 times, but it's clearly a knot for a facelatherer who likes some scrub, not a scuttle guy who hates scrub.

It's pretty, so I've been enjoying it as a work of art, but a few years ago I decided it was unfair to let it go to waste on my shelf. Next week I'm going to put it on the forum. Next week . . . and next week . . .

Well, weeks turned into years. Sometime this year I'm going to actually list it - but probably not next week.

I think I only really have two resolutions this year:

1. Work my way through my soap stash and NOT buy anymore until I'm down to my last soap.

2. Offload as many razors as possible that fall into the under-used and neglected category. Too many razors fall into this category.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Inasmuch as I joined the 2024 sabbatical, my resolution is to follow through with it and not purchase any shaving-related items all year. I will miss trying the new Grooming Dept Maxima soap base, but there should still be some around in 2025.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
  • Continue with my daily shave (feels great and is self care on another level), I'm in 366
  • Pass the items I don't like/use onward
  • When I need soap again, go with a near scentless high performer and get my scent fix from a bigger AS selection

Top Bottom