What's new

Arko August 2022

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
One man's "betterment of mankind" is another man's "breakdown of mankind"
Mikey, Christmas is coming. Don't be naughty and do some soul searching.

R.jpg

One man's "betterment of mankind" is another man's "breakdown of mankind"

Just think how you could make our day and change the course of history!
Arko-ologist everywhere are counting on you!
@FarmerTan could even give you some type of honorary title!
Sir, the Honorable, Ambassador, a knight and seat at the Arkotable
I am sure @FoolishMortal would be glad to change your status.
Let your conscience be your guide!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
August 12th

For my 12th shave of ARKO August, I face lathered ARKO with a Yaqi Timber Wolf (synthetic), and shaved with a Shark Super Stainless (7) in a Gillette Slim (on 4). Much better shave than yesterday. I really like ARKO. Maybe not as much as King @FarmerTan, but a lot.View attachment 1503920
I will have to remember my Slim when I get home. It's MUCH better than a "Fatboy" *giggle* for my incredibly handsome face! And CeraVe' is wonderful stuff.

Hey all! Been swamped at work, then traveling to Florida. Brought back a case of the COVID. It's been a rough month.

But that's hasn't kept me from my commitment. 12 Arko shaves so far this month and going strong. Got down to a stick nubbin and now have it mashed into a bowl to finish it otf before starting the next stick.

ARKO August 13

Razor: Gillette New SC (nickel replated)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: Mondial 25mm pro boar
Soap: ARKO stick + Speick cream
A/S: DIY lavender-orange witch hazel, Speick splash

DFS+

Today's ARKO August mixology experiment was completely unnecessary, since both products in the combo are quite good individually. Still, there's no harm in trying, and the super-lather combo worked very well. The scent of this combo reminded me vaguely of a very clean doctor's office bathroom.

The shave was very close, which would be a BBS, except I may have overdone it a bit, so got a hint of redness and sting from the aftershave. The Speick splash took care of that quickly, though.

Shark SS shave 7
2 day growth

Razor: Twig razor
Pre: Warm shower with Pre de Provence bath soap
Soap: ARKO COOL cream
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Timberwolf synthetic
After: none

I once again did the wtg pass with a shavette and then followed with the Shark SS. Nice and smooth ride. I did hit a blemish at the wrong angle during the last pass. A little cold water took care of it. This blade could get another shave or two, but I decided to toss it. The pass/shave count is too distorted by the shavette use to bother continuing. Baby Seal Smooth results from three passes with just a little drama.

I found the Shark Platinum and Shark SS to be very similar. The Jaws did not perform as well as the two sharks for me.

thumbnail_IMG_1301.jpg

An Alliteration About Another Arkorific ARKO-ist Arkological Annual August Archives Addendum Adventure At Arkoland...
Day 13

PXL_20220813_153922738.PORTRAIT.jpg

E Jagger 89
Astra Platinum
Stirling best badger
Arko stick
Shaving bowl

Good Day Gents
I enjoyed the Jagger razor so much yesterday, I used it again today. I used "no pressure" and the razor did its job.
The texturized rubber bowl makes lathering Arko a breeze. The Stirling fan brush is very luxurious.
It is likely I have too many good brushes, soaps, razors...and everything else! @FoolishMortal , I am ready to sign up for September GRUME!

Top Bottom