What's new

Arko August 2022

Another day another great Arko shave.
Razor: Karve CB OC B plate
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: RR Beehive Synth
Soap: Arko of course
A/S: Captain's Choice Nor'Easter balm

Darn close to a bbs but I will call it a DFS+. Great slick lather, very comfortable shave and 0 blood. This Karve is very good. Arko was great as always. Just to let you in on a little secret, I use Arko on a regular basis.

ARKO August 7

Razor: Gillette Tech (Canada pre-war) w/ common bar handle
Blade: Lord Silver Star (2)
Brush: Omega 80080 beehive boar
Soap: ARKO stick + RR Gold Label puck
A/S: DIY lemongrass witch hazel, Proraso Green splash

DFS+

Today's ARKO mixology experiment is an Italian citrus variation. The ARKO scent blended harmoniously with the RR Gold Label triple-milled soap. The performance was quite good, post-shave feel very clean without drying out the skin.

This RR Gold Label soap is a real bargain, at $2.22/100g on sale it rivals ARKO for value. If someone wanted a really economical shaving soap with good post-shave characteristics, this combo might be worth trying.

Day 7
DSC00356.JPG

GRUME August Shave 5/16

No of Arko Shave 5

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : None
Brush : Maggard Synthetic
Soap : Arko Stick
Razor : Merkur HD 34 C
Blade : GSB (no clue 6/7 who knows but last one)

3rd shave in 3 days, time to leave the skin get some rest. But one thing for sure the amount of stubble a couple of hours later is minimal at this point.

1 pass only with some clean up and one gusher under the nose ... oh well you win some you loose some, after a full week of shaving with Arko, time to move on to a different soap, after all I am on some Arko ... See you in a week or two for my next Arko shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Classic shave soap (applied by hand - tube)
Soap: Arko 👍
Brush: Frankenbrush (Semogue Galahad handle with an AP Shave Co G5A synthetic knot)👍😍🤯
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.15 🐺👍😍🤯
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (3) 🦈👍
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Witch Hazel & Aloe (Margaritas in the Arctic) - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Chiseled Face Bay Rum aftershave splash 😍👍

Excellent Arko/Sharko August shave #4 on two-days of growth, DFS/BBS with no blood. Shark Super Chrome will be getting swapped out for the next Shark variant, their stainless blade. Chiseled Face Bay Rum is a nice take on the scent.

Arko August
Shave: 8
August 8, 2022
mosquito_1f99f.png
𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧
mosquito_1f99f.png

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣇⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⢸⡇⢻⣷⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⢸⡇⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⢸⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⢸⡇⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⢸⡇⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢸⡇⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢸⡇⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣧⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⡤⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
mosquito_1f99f.png
𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧
mosquito_1f99f.png

6B4DA93A-93B2-4619-AC7C-9D9B409AD66C.jpeg

Soap: Arko stick smashed into the Soap Locker.
Thank You!!! @Captain Pre-Capsize
Razor: Ida
Brush: Omega boar brush
2 pass some touch up, DFS.
There was no🩸in the water.

mosquito_1f99f.png
𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧𓆧
mosquito_1f99f.png

For August Arko Boarko Loko shave #4, I jumped into my time machine and traveled back to 1957 and the dawn of the Arko era (history link). I pulled a 1957 C4 Super Speed and loaded it with a 1958 D4 Gillette Thin blade.

PXL_20220808_125044167.jpg

I stropped the blade in a Fedtro DE stropping machine (a Japanese Twinplex clone made in the late 1960s) because I'm always nervous about using a vintage carbon steel blade, especially the "value" blade that Gillette sold at the time.
Well, it turns out that this blade and my Super Speed delivered an outstandingly comfortable three-pass BBS :jump:. Chalk one up for old school goodness! Arko and the Semogue 820 Boar were outstanding together as usual. I picked the La Toja balm because it is my favorite soothing balm, and I was preparing for the worst. I would say I feel young again, but all these items were made a few years before I was born.

Happy shaving everyone :)

ARKO August 8

Razor: Gillette Tech (Canada pre-war) w/ common bar handle
Blade: Lord Silver Star (3)
Brush: Omega 10081 beehive boar
Soap: ARKO stick + RR Black Label triple-milled puck
A/S: DIY lemon witch hazel, La Toja splash + Osage Rub

DFS+

Today's ARKO August mixology experiment was a similar soap combo to yesterday, but with a fougere scent. Loaded heavier on soap and used more water. Much improved scent, residual slickness and post-shave properties compared with plain ARKO. Great performance for such an economical soap combo.

ARKO-holics August Report, Day 8

PXL_20220808_152618229.PORTRAIT.jpg

Fatip slant razor
Astra SS blade
Stirling badger
Arko stick ( not pictured)
Collapsable rubber bowl
Nivea AS
Shave-2x WTG using slide technique

Good Day Fellow Arkodians / Arko-ologist / Arkolians and other Arkolanders ( @FarmerTan )

Today was an Arko-rific day.

First up, I used a new Stirling 26mm fan shaped Finest Badger brush. Out of the box, there was absolutely no face burn or irritating scritch for someone like me with old(er) sensitive skin.

The collapsable rubber bowl, (formerly a pet watering bowl in the car) is pure genius! I don't have to worry about it breaking and more important, there is no clanking noise when stirring the brush or touching the side of the bowl-totally quiet. I have ordered a similar product with dimples on the bottom so the dogs can have their bowl back in the car.

I got the Nivea Deep Comforting AS over a year ago but had a bias against splash AS products because I thought it would be too drying on my face. Well it is an hour later and my face feels soft and relaxed so I think this stuff works.

I was invigorated by (
this is for you Farmer Tan) the blissful clean smell of Arko.

One minor issue, I typically use the Gillette Slide technique. I did the same with the slant razor and had one small irritating stroke on my neck. Otherwise all went well.

I hope you guys have an Arko-rific day!

Last edited:
Top Bottom