What's new

aqua velva?

My wife really likes the AV "Ice Sport", she's sorta ok with the (green) "Original Sport"... But she swears the "Classic Ice Blue" smells like her father and grandfather and it creeps her out.

I've never known an AS splash to spoil. It's basically alcohol, water, and fragrance.
I had a bottle of Gillette Cool Wave that didn't spoil per se, but when I found it after it had been sitting in the back of a cabinet for a few years, it actually had little solid 'chunks' in it. Small, but definitely visible. Never seen that before.

a question: this winter and spring I bought 7 oz bottles of aqua velva aftershave and have noticed often a fragrance that would make Lilac Vegatal smell fantastic on a bad day...these bottles of Aqua Velva had a definite "foul" "after scent" has any one else noticed such a change?
I think that there is something to this. I just bought a 7oz bottle of Ice Blue and I noticed a different scent about a half hour or so after using it. It's not disagreeable to me, but I've yet to get my wife's opinion. I'm not going to tell her that there is anything different so the reaction if any will be candid. Regarding 'The Veg', I'm chosen, but my wife hates it.

Aqua Velva has a great scent but after a couple of hours the scent needs to quiet down just a bit. Aqua Velva becomes quite stale and overbearing after the 3rd hour. :laugh:

I disagree. I love to rub my hands on my face hours after a shave to catch that residual scent that remains late in the day. AV Ice Blue smells great all the way to the point where the scent is just gone.

My wife really likes the AV "Ice Sport", she's sorta ok with the (green) "Original Sport"... But she swears the "Classic Ice Blue" smells like her father and grandfather and it creeps her out.

Exactly the reaction my wife has. She accepts the ice sport but the regular ice blue and even the Spanish Aqua Velva she says smells like old man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a question: this winter and spring I bought 7 oz bottles of aqua velva aftershave and have noticed often a fragrance that would make Lilac Vegatal smell fantastic on a bad day...these bottles of Aqua Velva had a definite "foul" "after scent" has any one else noticed such a change?
I think that there is something to this. I just bought a 7oz bottle of Ice Blue and I noticed a different scent about a half hour or so after using it. It's not disagreeable to me, but I've yet to get my wife's opinion. I'm not going to tell her that there is anything different so the reaction if any will be candid. Regarding 'The Veg', I'm chosen, but my wife hates it.
I decanted my AV into glass bottles and no longer sense the off scent.

I decanted my AV into glass bottles and no longer sense the off scent.
The test is in. My wife just gave my cheek a sniff about 30 minutes post shave, and responded favorably

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
after a couple of hours the scent needs to quiet down just a bit. Aqua Velva becomes quite stale and overbearing after the 3rd hour.
Third hour?
I can barely notice any smell after the third minute with AV.

I like the smell of the Ice Sport a little more and for me it lasts much longer than normal AV.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The test is in. My wife just gave my cheek a sniff about 30 minutes post shave, and responded favorably
[/QUOTE]

Keep her happy dude.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Third hour?
I can barely notice any smell after the third minute with AV.

I like the smell of the Ice Sport a little more and for me it lasts much longer than normal AV.
Brother, we might have the same nose. ADMITTEDLY, I have a crappy nose, but the ONLY scent I've used that lasted so that I could smell it past an hour was Grey Flannel.

Top Bottom