What's new

aqua velva?

a question: this winter and spring I bought 7 oz bottles of aqua velva aftershave and have noticed often a fragrance that would make Lilac Vegatal smell fantastic on a bad day...these bottles of Aqua Velva had a definite "foul" "after scent" has any one else noticed such a change?

No - and my wife has no problem letting me know when her olfactory sense has been offended.

Not sure I understand the question, exactly. Are you saying that sometimes it smells good, but sometimes it smells bad? Or are you saying that the bottle has "turned" and now smells bad all the time?

Either way, I've found AV to be very stable and always smells the same.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've never known an AS splash to spoil. It's basically alcohol, water, and fragrance. But I suppose the fragrance can change over time. Maybe you just got a really really old bottle. Or maybe there is another scent in the area that is interfering. Maybe take it to another room and give it a sniff. I don't know...

Aqua Velva is relatively inexpensive right? Don't sweat it. If ya don't like it, ya don't like it.

a question: this winter and spring I bought 7 oz bottles of aqua velva aftershave and have noticed often a fragrance that would make Lilac Vegatal smell fantastic on a bad day...these bottles of Aqua Velva had a definite "foul" "after scent" has any one else noticed such a change?

Aqua Velva has a great scent but after a couple of hours the scent needs to quiet down just a bit. Aqua Velva becomes quite stale and overbearing after the 3rd hour. :laugh:

My wife is very fussy and she always compliments me when I splash on AV.
But she also complains that my Creed BDP And Auventis are both too strong so who knows?

My wife is very fussy and she always compliments me when I splash on AV.
But she also complains that my Creed BDP And Auventis are both too strong so who knows?

I've always thought that Chanel #5 also lasted too long and was too intense. Nice stuff though. My complaint with Aqua Velva was it got stale after several hours.. Mind you, this is back 55 or 60 years ago. :laugh: 1/3 of a bottle saturated onto your sweater is how we wore it back then. :001_tongu

Top Bottom