What's new

Apollo Mikron: 1st Generation of their adjustable razor

Although not their 1st design, the Frederick Herkenrath Company (originator of the German Apollo razors) did design and manufacture one of the first adjustable double edged razors. As part of my retrospective, here's some exterior images of this innovative design -- and (IMHO) incredibly attractive shaving implement.
full

The case is branded Ben Hur. The underside of the head is branded Apollo -- hard to get a clear image of it -- at least in this shoot.
full

full

Likely from the middle of the 1930s. And this razor still looks like new -- remarkably well preserved!
full

Next shoot will display the interior and I'll try to get a better series displaying the 2 different brand names. This is something others have also seen with a variety of these Apollo razors -- they used parts from the Ben Hur and Apollo brands interchangeably. As we've also seen with Gillettes.

Thanks @Jake of your sharing, it's always a pleasure to see your razors ... I also have a model of Apollo Mikron 1 series, in its leather dress ...
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

this image obtained from my research ... should be the image from the cardboard case showing the mikron
proxy.php

different series ..same charm
proxy.php

thank you.

Benedetto.

Ahh... The charming Apollo family of Mikrons. Thanks to our fellow collector @Benedetto for sharing his fine collection also. Did the leather case originally hold that 1st generation Mikron? Only the gods of Apollo can know for sure. Surviving the ravages of time, war, and bristling men. With a brilliant shine and fine finish!

Top Bottom