What's new

The Ben Hur DE razors

Thanks @efsk for your shares, yes, it is very very difficult to find these razors in new condition I have many other razors that I would like to share with you, here are some:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

as you can see in this set a very strange thing occurs, when I bought this set I thought that the case (which reports in the name "Mikron") had been exchanged and that previously there was a Mikron inside ... With my great amazement none of My Apollo Mikron enters us! neither the first nor the second nor the third generation! can it be a mistake?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

here a comparison with the size of the cases

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

soon I will make new photos to a very interesting set that I found in spain ..

Thank you.

Benedetto.

I have a chrome Apollo made in Germany razor (from the 1950's?). It is a marvelous razor. Heavy and effective! German engineering and quality at its finest.

It looks very similar to some of these pictures above. Only the handle detailing is slightly different

Jake ,

I have read many of your posts and I must say you have a great nack at finding some really super razors.

Sincerely impressed!

Thanks to you @Jake, me and @efsk as you already know we are very interested in these razors. I'm glad you appreciate these razors, of exceptional quality for their time ... many of these models were manufactured during the war where all the "precious" metal was completely committed to the construction of armaments .. the care of the precision of these Razors for common use are stunning. Now I want to show you 2 sets of which I recently got hold of:

The first set concerns the well-known razor mentioned in my last posts...
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

the status of this razor leaves a bit to be desired there are obvious states of wear and in reality does not meet my collectible standards .. but there is something new that I had never seen before and that convinced me to buy this razor .. under the comb bar there are not the usual writings ... but the wording of the patent number with a date: N ° 776/1934 .. I tried but I can not find the patent .. can someone help me?
proxy.php

proxy.php

The second set concerns the famous and appreciated jewel the Mikron ..
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

this second version is very particular because for the first time I see that beneath the comb the logo that portrays the face of ben-hur is not in relief like the other models of the second generation but is engraved as in the third generation ..
proxy.php

proxy.php

in addition to the detail of the engraving there is another detail the knob cover is not engraved with the logo.

The state of conservation is absolutely fantastic, it was enough to wash it to make it return to its old splendor. The old owner was an elderly lady who kept this little gem in her sewing set .. it was her husband's .. the lady's niece was my intermediary for the purchase ...

Thank you.

Benedetto.

Thanks to you @Jake, me and @efsk as you already know we are very interested in these razors. I'm glad you appreciate these razors, of exceptional quality for their time ... many of these models were manufactured during the war where all the "precious" metal was completely committed to the construction of armaments .. the care of the precision of these Razors for common use are stunning. Now I want to show you 2 sets of which I recently got hold of:

The first set concerns the well-known razor mentioned in my last posts...
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

the status of this razor leaves a bit to be desired there are obvious states of wear and in reality does not meet my collectible standards .. but there is something new that I had never seen before and that convinced me to buy this razor .. under the comb bar there are not the usual writings ... but the wording of the patent number with a date: N ° 776/1934 .. I tried but I can not find the patent .. can someone help me?
proxy.php

proxy.php

Thank you.

Benedetto.

I also come up empty re that patent number. The 1938 German patent is the earliest relevant patent I am aware of.

Sir @Jake
I am about as much a straight razor guy as it's possible to be. Even so your DE threads have captivated me since long before I took the step and became a member here some years ago. They still do. Thank you very much for sharing your great knowledge and fantastic razors.

Beautiful razors and interesting info @Benedetto! The first Ben Hur I see that was marketed at Spain, or at least Spanish speaking countries.
That Mikron is ofcourse absolutely stunning. Thank you for pointing out the details, I've learned something new today, and the day has just started :)

Excellent new postings from @Benedetto -- thanks! New details on an old device -- one that's even more highly prized after this collector's new insights. Wonders never cease!

Thank you Jake for your contribution to this model. I now have a Ben Hur I acquired this morning as well as my Apollo razor from years back which I still use to shave with. Nice to have a back up. Funny thing, just this past year I was wishing I could have one for back up as it gives such a fantastic shave for me. Fast forward to today, went picking and caught one. Ha! (Although I would like to get the adjustable Mikron one day.) I'm grateful for this find nonetheless. Woohoo.

Top Bottom