What's new

Any Rocket Love Here

Someone asked for pics?

HD500
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My mistake, grabbed the wrong photo from my archives....
Will post a photo of the HD tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Have you ever tried Rocket LD500 "Paperclip"? Same Rocket head as your HD500 and the Rocket @jerrylee101 just got, but only about 36g instead of 82g or 65g. It's like an extension of your hand.

I have two Rockets, one of which is the heavy weight, and the other a mid-weight aluminum handled razor. I had no idea it had an aluminum handle. It's a heavy razor that provides great shaves. I cleaned it up with some dish-washing liquid the other day and was very surprised to see how the handle turned a bright white colour while the knob and the head were both shiny. Then the light went off as it were and I realized I had a mid-weight Rocket HD in addition to the heavy weight. What great shavers and they both are beautiful razors.

here is mine, it is mostly aluminum and one of my favorite shavers. i think it is much nicer that my two american Super Speeds (b1 and m2). Is this a Rocket HD of some sort? it seems to be ~34g. would this be the LD500? it really does shave well.
20171107_212729.jpg

20171107_212649.jpg

here is mine, it is mostly aluminum and one of my favorite shavers. i think it is much nicer that my two american Super Speeds (b1 and m2). Is this a Rocket HD of some sort? it seems to be ~34g. would this be the LD500? it really does shave well.
View attachment 835975

View attachment 835974
Yup, that's the all-aluminum LD500 or Paperclip. Fantastic little shaver. The aluminum/brass MD500 version weighs in around 55g, and the all-brass HD500 weighs in the low 80g range

I have a Parat (passed down to me from a relative) that I really like the IDEA of - I enjoy using a tool that was created before I was born and additionally it has sentimental value... But the truth is I've never gotten very good shaves from it.

I get smooth, comfortable, irritation free shaves with my Edwin Jagger easily but the Parat just always ends up feeling "harsh"on my skin for some reason and no amount of playing with the angle has seemed to fix that.

Turns out I was blaming the tool when the problem was actually my skill level. I thought I knew what I was doing because the EJ worked so well for me but with more practice and better technique the Parat has come to give me easy, smooth, comfortable shaves. I'm a really big fan of this razor now and it's a joy to use.

Spice_Gillette_Parat_Vintage_Crop.jpg

I've been undisposed of lately, my freaking imac needed an operating system reinstall.

I believe by next week I'll have my Rocket HD500. :) So far, my 1949 Rocket with either a Nacet or a Feather gives "Out-Frigging-Standing" shaves, it's "that" good. ;)

Yup, that's the all-aluminum LD500 or Paperclip. Fantastic little shaver. The aluminum/brass MD500 version weighs in around 55g, and the all-brass HD500 weighs in the low 80g range

Good to know all this, thank yo rudyt. I guess I have an MD500 and and HD500. Both top of the line shavers and the MD500 is an honest to goodness surprise. I never thought that I would purchase an aluminum handled razor, I did by pure accident, and it is a great shaver and the look of the contrasting metals is very beautiful.

Turns out I was blaming the tool when the problem was actually my skill level. I thought I knew what I was doing because the EJ worked so well for me but with more practice and better technique The Parat has come to give me easy, smooth, comfortable shaves. I'm a really big fan of this razor now and it's a joy to use.

View attachment 836082

# Hucking + One ;) Rocket & Parat = Rocks

Had to bump this thread up. I picked up this Rocket yesterday at an antique store in Yellow Springs. I shaved with it last night. Having only one shave with it I don't think I could tell the difference between it and my 40s style SS. I will say the Rocket to me has less blade feel than my SS. The shave seemed really mild, but very efficient.
View attachment 835262 View attachment 835263 View attachment 835264

I'm rather fond of both .. and with a Feather, the Rocket or the 1940's Gillette SuperSpeeds are lethal. This combo is "that" good. :)

Top Bottom