What's new

Any Iron Butts in the room?

Good for you!! Way to go!!!

A couple years ago I left here on a new Street Glide to visit my daughter in Dallas. First day I finally stopped in Springfield, Mo. It was early May and weather wasn't bad. Just a couple showers.

Now the glide is a big, comfy tourer. I also had a big piece of luggage to lean back on. Cruise control and forward highway pegs to change up the riding position some.

I didn't make 1000 mi, but man, was I tired.

So for you to have done that on the bike you were on is really something to feel good about.

Congratulations! You've really accomplished something!

Kev

Thanks Kev! The biggest bike related challenge I had was the small gas tank. Well, it's small by city riding standards, minuscule by touring standards. I had to stop for gas at about every 100 miles, but due to most of the ride being in open prairie land, some stops had to come only 50 or 60 miles apart. Nice to have a quick stretch, but it would have been really nice to have been able to do a few big sections and cut back on the time.

Thanks, John! I ended up being solo for 100% of the ride, but I'm glad it went that way. Next year's "Big Ride" is being planned with 2 other people right now... to Calgary!:thumbup:
Interesting choice of video link. After my first gas stop to begin the trip, I had about 15 minutes through town to get to the interstate. Right as I hit the on-ramp and give the throttle a monster twist to kick off the trip with a "ZOOOM", the MP3 player plays, you guessed it, good ol' George and "Bad to the Bone" I couldn't have planned it any better than that:lol:

BTW; The Fraser's mosswood cream is pretty much the only cream I'm using any more. I really love the scent and the performance keeps me coming back again and again. Thanks for picking a great winner of a product:thumbup1:

I've done a lot of iron butt trips on my old bikes before they began to register here, usually to the Black Sea 1000miles - 18-20 hours. The toughest one for me was last years trip 1620 miles during 24 hours on my CB1300.Rode alone.

That's awesome, Peter! I feel pretty confident I could do a 1500 mile in 24 hour trip, but not on the V-Max. Stopping every 100 miles or so for gas really ate a lot of time. Anyway, I'd love to see some pics if you take any on your rides!:thumbup1:

Top Bottom