What's new

Any interest in an organized Vintage brush PIF round robin?

I just forwarded the box to duderubble. I had work that caused additional delay. I picked out a blue and white Eveready 200T and orange and black Rubberset I'll post the pics later tonight or tomorrow ... here's the tracking number though $uploadfromtaptalk1393122800919.jpg

I am in receipt of the box. One member is sending some additions so I'll wait to post pics of my selections. As I mentioned I was planning on taking out anything that made it back around to me that I put in, and I will post thise as well, just so everyone knows and I have some accountability. Of the 10 I put in (six initially and 4 more in transit) only two of the original 6 I put in made it back.

Maybe someone with more ambition then me could collect the pics of everyone's selections to close out this thread. I think we should start a new thread for round two and solicit newcomers and see who from the first round wants to go for round two. we'll shuffle up the order a little bit too.

I think 2 out of 6 to make it back around to you is pretty good... here are my pics for the handles that I picked out...$uploadfromtaptalk1393467886743.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1393467916047.jpg
The blue and white was an eveready from Econojoe I can't remember who put in the orange and black... there were some awesome brushes just to many to choose from...

Here is a knot finally placed in Rob's handle. I tried several knots, but ultimately settled on this little short loft 18mm TGN best badger. I think what is so cool about this handle are the rounded forms. So I wanted to make sure to get a knot that would bloom out nicely, to sort of "ball up" on top of the handle rather than go straight up or have an angular bloom like a boar or some fan knots. This little guy did the trick. And the other cool contrast point are the "rugged" diagonal etchings, which counter-act the roundness while still completing it. So I wanted a knot that was a little "rugged" in appearance rather than the stark contrast of a two band of creamy white super badger tips. The gray-black-silver amalgam of this knot works just like the angular lines - they blend everything together.

And I like its performance a lot. I have actually tried this same knot in a couple other handles, but I have always ended up pulling it as it just wasn't quite right. It really feels at home now in this handle. Even though I usually prefer "bigger" handles, the ergonomics on this guy are insane. It just feels right in the hand. Wonderful job, Rob. I am incredibly impressed.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393551663.175310.jpg

Another shot;

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393552172.229512.jpg

Excellent choice of knot, Matt-- that's a really great looking brush! Not only are the aesthetics terrific, my guess is it's a solid performer. Well done, and kudos to Rob as well.

Wow Matt (and Rob of course), that looks great!!! I will be ordering my knots tomorrow, or Sunday, and hopefully get them in by next week!! :thumbup: I am long overdue for getting my handles completed.

[threadstalker]

Just went through this thread and it was a fun read. Seeing all of the restored brushes is really cool!

[/threadstalker]

Ok I wanted to show what happened to Rob's Birch Laminate Handle. I got a 28 mm Super Badger from TGN for it. It shoe-horned in and I can't wait to lather it up and see how it blooms. Thanks again Rob. You were the super-star of the pass-around!$photo.jpg

I have been scouring the area, and I actually have quite a few nice ones for the next round. I just need to start working on getting those knots out and cleaned up. :thumbup:

Top Bottom