What's new

Another site at the gym.facial hair melting

I was at the gym recently...saw an african american guy sit on the changing room bench with a grey colored looking mask rub on his face..I asked him if that replaces shaving..his reply..yep..it gets hot then I wash it off after a few minutes..creeped me out...like nair for mens face...:blink:

Welcome to the dark world of Magic Shave... YUK!!

Some black guys, due to their beard hair being very curly, have ingrown problems resulting in major razor bumps. For some, a depiliatory is the answer. All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. Melting your hair off with lye?! No THANKS!!

I tried to help a buddy of mine at work. He struggled with the dreaded bumps all his life. He keeps a short beard now, and won't touch a single edge razor for fear of them returning. I feel for him because he doesn't know what he is missing.

One part of my being is shuddering... The other part is thinking that no more shall a Soldier show up scruffy in uniform and present the documented "shaving profile".

I cant imagine dealing with not being able to shave. Poor guy doesnt have a choice though. Dont take the shave for granted.

If it's dissolving keratin in the hair, it might have the same effect on the keratin in the outer layers of the skin. I am not certain, but it sounds like it might be a bad thing to use if one's trying to maintain a youthful appearance. Probably something we want to avoid.

I use an empty can of the stuff as my blade bank, and it specifically says to not use it more than once in a 36 hour period. That right there tells me it can't be gentle.

Take a minute to think about all the women who use this kind of stuff all over their legs, or an Epilady. All in the name if smooth legs, which I'm guessing is an idea that came from a man. Not everyone enjoys their shave like most of us do here.

Scott

Wonder if you can use it on your pubes. Manscaping with a razor or even electric one sucks!

you would regret that for a LONG time to come.....

nair is safe for that....... but SHAVE MAGIC is a horse of a totally different color/breed.... *(think nair as a frail miniture horse with acne and a bad cough...... SHAVE MAGIC is a clydesdale on steroids and HGH that has been on a 4 day crack and meth binge while freebasing PCP...)

I'll cop to having attempted the Nair treatment on my dome once, and only once. It didn't really do the job. I still had to shave afterward because one does not simply walk into work with a scalp that looks like it belongs in a burn ward.

you would regret that for a LONG time to come.....

nair is safe for that....... but SHAVE MAGIC is a horse of a totally different color/breed.... *(think nair as a frail miniture horse with acne and a bad cough...... SHAVE MAGIC is a clydesdale on steroids and HGH that has been on a 4 day crack and meth binge while freebasing PCP...)

Nair is safe for the pubes? I wonder how well it works

I'll cop to having attempted the Nair treatment on my dome once, and only once. It didn't really do the job. I still had to shave afterward because one does not simply walk into work with a scalp that looks like it belongs in a burn ward.

I had bare legs for a couple summers during my bike racing days. I would let the hair grow from October until March. When March hit and it was time to mow the lawn I tried everything. Nair was weak. Even when I was doing once a week clean up it didn't seem to work.

Top Bottom