What's new

Hello from San Diego.

The WCS guy name is Phil. ...the Polsilvers upgrade seem to have made a slight improvement. The sampler pack should help you decide on a better blade. Have you thought about a Slim razor? It has the variety of aggressive levels to choose from.

I have had a couple of pretty good shaves with the Jaws lately and I'm probably just going to stick with that for a bit and rotate through these blades. A nice slim is definitely something on my shopping list . Unfortunately my main hobby, cycling, seems to take up the lion's share of my discretionary SWMBO approved fun money.

I have had a couple of pretty good shaves with the Jaws lately and I'm probably just going to stick with that for a bit and rotate through these blades. A nice slim is definitely something on my shopping list . Unfortunately my main hobby, cycling, seems to take up the lion's share of my discretionary SWMBO approved fun money.

You may have to forgo a few bike tune up and get that Slim.

Welcome. I was drawn into your thread by the cyclist in your name (Though I admit I didn't read your whole post. Impressive length.). Great to see another cyclist around here. The classic Greg LeMond quote in your signature is a nice touch. Based on that, I assume you are a road cyclist?

Wet-shaving is the only way to go. You can actually save money over modern shaving if you want to. Or, you can also get wrapped up in the madness and spend way more. Cycling is a very expensive sport if you are serious about it, so you are in luck. If you stick with a minimal setup and are consistent with it you will have more money to spend on cycling.:thumbup1:

I had an acquisition disorder phase when I started for experimentation to see what worked for me. Since then, I'm the type that uses the same setup/routine everyday and because of this I save a lot of money over what I used to spend when I used a cartridge razor and canned gel. The only thing I mix up throughout the week is my aftershave splash (I like the classic drugstore splashes).

Last edited:
Augustiner, yes, road and track. I am lucky enough to have not one, but three Velodromes within a couple hours drive from home. I seriously doubt this shaving hobby will ever save me money... but that's ok. Who was it that said "I spent most of my money on drugs and hookers... the rest I just blew."? Life could be worse...

Last edited:
Welcome to the B & B forum! Lots of shavers here with years of experience they are willing to share. I know you will enjoy the free exchange of information!

Top Bottom