What's new

Another icon passes RIP 007

"Give me a ping, Mr. Vasili. One ping only, please."

RIP, Mr. Connery.
He made that film go. I just watched his early (first?) film, Hell Drivers, from 1957. Even then the camera loved him.

Yet another one who, somehow, you thought God might make an exception for and let him stay. . . .

I watched Diamonds Are Forever yesterday afternoon, and posted a picture of Connery at the start of the film on FB with a caption 'Guess the film?' - my colleague texted me to say he was watching the same film at the same time! Spooky...

I was going to watch The Hill but felt that the missus might not enjoy it too much.

Sir Sean was one of a few actors I would pay to see in anything, based on his name alone. He made a lot of great action movies, but he had some great performances too. Some of his overlooked great movies:
The Great Train Robbery
The Offence
The Anderson Tapes
The Wind and The Lion
Also, they mention his 7 turns as Bond, but I count 8, but they don't call him Bond, they call him John Patrick Mason.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I’m heartbroken. Connery’s Bond films are very nostalgic for me as my dad and I bonded over them when I was young, and he bonded over them with his father and others when he was young. I am a big Bond fan. Seen every film in theater that has come out since I was born, which started with Goldeneye when I was 5, and I had the Connery films on VHS growing up. I wouldn’t even be on this forum if it weren’t for Bond films, and wouldn’t have collected razors used in the books and films. It’s not often a celebrity death strikes a cord with me. 2020 really struck again.

Top Bottom