What's new

Announcing the Brotherhood Of Tallow Shave Soaps - BOTSS

All my soaps are tallow based with the exception of the soaps bought before I knew what tallow did for my shaving experience. I prefer tallow based soaps and that' what I purchase. Heck I even switched to tallow based bar soap "Lardley" to me it's the best body bar soap on the market. I'm in.

Count me in!
I have used 3 tallow based soaps now and I'm a big fan!
So far I have used Tabac, Williams, Mystic Water, and Paladin Shaving Tobacco Road Tallow Soap. I have a couple of pucks of Fine and a puck of Haslinger that I haven't got around to using yet.

Count me in!
I have used 3 tallow based soaps now and I'm a big fan!
So far I have used Tabac, Williams, Mystic Water, and Paladin Shaving Tobacco Road Tallow Soap. I have a couple of pucks of Fine and a puck of Haslinger that I haven't got around to using yet.

Well I either need to learn to type or count or both. Said 3 and listed 4! GEEEZ!

I'm in. I started without tallow and thought I was getting a good lather. I got Barrister and Mann's unscented shave soap and haven't looked back. The shave was superior, and the feeling of my face after was smooth, soft and well hydrated. Didn't really need aftershave or lotion(though I use them anyway for fun).

They are great. Some of the best for lather aren't the best for scent, but take what you can get.
I currently have and use Arko, Palmolive, Cella and TABAC. All lather up well in my semi-hard Florida water.

A lot of new groups are popping up on B&B - Face Latherers, Single Edge, Open Comb, to name a few.

One thing that seems to be missing are some software related groups so I'll announce the formation of BOTSS, or Brotherhood of Tallow Shave Soaps. :thumbup1: :badger:

WHY? To give some visibility to traditional wet shavers who prefer tallow based shaving soaps.

IMHO Tallow based shave soaps provide dense, slick, stable, "gooey" lather that other formulations do not.

You don't have to exclusively use tallow based shave soaps but if a good number of your favorites contain tallow please consider joining.

WHO? All fans of tallow based shave soaps are invited to join.

Whether your tastes run from Arko to Valobra, big name brands or artisan soaps, new or vintage, if you dig the tallow based shave soaps, you certainly qualify.

WHAT is required? Not much. Testify about your fondness for your favorites in this thread. Rave about a particularly great shave. Post pics. Have fun!

IF you want to add a BOTSS to your signature feel free. :thumbup:

Who knows? Perhaps joining BOTSS will prevent a great soap from being reformulated into junk. :biggrin:
Hello all. I realize this thread started in the long long ago, but count me in! By accident over design 3/4ths of my soaps are tallow-based. The latest is Razorock's Mudder Focker. I wasn't offended by the name and honestly didn't get the joke till a day or two later. Fuller's earth or not, it's slick as snot and performance ranks more than scent to me.
I look forward to learning in this thread. You don't know what you don't know.
Dave in the Midwest

Ive heard nothing but praise for Haslingers. I would love to try that, but currently have enough soap for a long while. Proraso Green cream, RR P-160, MWF, RR Mudder, and a couple more. So many soaps, so little time. Maybe a pass-around would be a good idea.

Ive heard nothing but praise for Haslingers. I would love to try that, but currently have enough soap for a long while. Proraso Green cream, RR P-160, MWF, RR Mudder, and a couple more. So many soaps, so little time. Maybe a pass-around would be a good idea.
I have not tried the new Haslinger formula.

Reformulated makes me worried. Any more info on this? I have personally horded dozens of tallow AoS soaps to keep the original tallow goodness.

Top Bottom