What's new

Announcing the Brotherhood Of Tallow Shave Soaps - BOTSS

I was able to get some Strop Shoppe Instinct soap a LE with tallow and lanolin, this stuff is spectacular and gave a very close shave.

what happened did the thread die?

Poor thread, languishing in obscurity.

I join the honorable league of extraordinary tallow shavers! Give us tallow, or give us...another really good shave soap!

I love me some tallow based soaps. I am working on building up my experience with more, but here is some DRH.
$20150624_114908-2.jpg$20150624_114913-2.jpg

Can I join if I also like and use some glycerine-based soaps?? I love Haslinger, but also go to the other side.

Absolutely! But there's no such thing as a glycerin based soap. Drop me a pm if you want to hear why. Either way welcome to the club brother!

Absolutely! But there's no such thing as a glycerin based soap. Drop me a pm if you want to hear why. Either way welcome to the club brother!

Thanks for being so liberal! Looking forward to learning about more stuff to buy and try!

I'm In! I love the idea of Tallow soaps and cringe at the idea that vegan soaps are all the rage. Somehow I feel like a blade being dragged across my skin allows me to call for tallow soaps. (I do kinda like a few non-tallow soaps though).

My tallow? DR Harris is a few scents AND most recently added, Chiseled Face Groomatorium Cryogen & Ghost town barber shop. The Chiseled face stuff makes a real nice lather with a classic sheen and stickiness. I of course have Arko sticks tucked into my drawer too.

Id gladly add BOTSS and other sigs to my signature line but, alas, I have no idea how!

I'm In! I love the idea of Tallow soaps and cringe at the idea that vegan soaps are all the rage. Somehow I feel like a blade being dragged across my skin allows me to call for tallow soaps. (I do kinda like a few non-tallow soaps though).

My tallow? DR Harris is a few scents AND most recently added, Chiseled Face Groomatorium Cryogen & Ghost town barber shop. The Chiseled face stuff makes a real nice lather with a classic sheen and stickiness. I of course have Arko sticks tucked into my drawer too.

Id gladly add BOTSS and other sigs to my signature line but, alas, I have no idea how!

Click Settings at the top of your screen, and then look in the left menu for Edit Signature. If it doesn't appear, it may be one of those built in limitations for those with fewer than 50 posts.

Welcome to the Brotherhood! Tallow on!

Long Rifle Soap Co. makes my favorite shave soap, and it is made with tallow. The feel of the lather is out of this world! Plus the Bay Rhum scent is very empowering, and it lingers way past lunchtime.

Long Rifle Soap Co. makes my favorite shave soap, and it is made with tallow. The feel of the lather is out of this world! Plus the Bay Rhum scent is very empowering, and it lingers way past lunchtime.
Awe damn! Now you gone and done it. You gave me another soap idea. I just looked at their website and now i want some.

Top Bottom