What's new

Announcing the Brotherhood Of Tallow Shave Soaps - BOTSS

Greeting Tallow Brothers. I just discovered I was not making the most of my Mike's. I saw a comment that Mike's "Loved water." So I began adding a little water to what I though was a great lather, and suddenly discovered what explode meant, when referring to shaving soap. Wow, just wow. This was some thick lather. Sorry I did not shoot it, but I was too busy playing with it. Next time...

Greeting Tallow Brothers. I just discovered I was not making the most of my Mike's. I saw a comment that Mike's "Loved water." So I began adding a little water to what I though was a great lather, and suddenly discovered what explode meant, when referring to shaving soap. Wow, just wow. This was some thick lather. Sorry I did not shoot it, but I was too busy playing with it. Next time...

Blessed art thou Brother.

Blessed art thou Brother.

And blessed are the fruit of thy looms.

Recently I had an opportunity to save a friend and fellow new wet shaver from the world of.... I am trying to say it.... Palm oil. He was told it was the best soap for his shave; so I challenged him to a lather off. We both reached for our brushes and after a few circles in I pulled my brush and started to face lather while he played with his "soap". By the time he was ready to lather up I looked like Santa and as I turned around their was a line of kids ready to ask for their Christmas presents out the door and down he block. Needless to say he stopped mid lather to appreciate the wonder and majic of Tallow. So as I searched for a place to rave about saving my friend from a life of less than optimal lathers I found you all. Happy Shaving! Friends don't let friends lather wih palm.

I have only recently started using soaps instead of creams and Mike's was the first I tried. Wow...what a soap. Been slowly trying to add to my arsenal and am loving the tallow soaps. MW, MWF, DR Harris....great soaps. I am sure I will get around to trying some non-tallow soaps, but I am not in too much of a hurry :thumbup:

Count me in - I use Arko, Speick and Palmolive sticks most of the time - in fact, I don't have any other soaps in my rotation now.

Signature edit forthcoming...

I started with non-tallow soaps, partly because I did not yet have the benefit of B&B and threads like this. After I discovered tallow there was no going back. I just PIFed my last tallow-less puck.

I have only recently started using soaps instead of creams and Mike's was the first I tried. Wow...what a soap. Been slowly trying to add to my arsenal and am loving the tallow soaps. MW, MWF, DR Harris....great soaps. I am sure I will get around to trying some non-tallow soaps, but I am not in too much of a hurry :thumbup:

So, MdC doesn't list any tallow ingredients, only "stearic acid", which can be either animal or veggie, or both. IF it's not a allow soap, then there is one non-tallow I'll keep stocked.

So, MdC doesn't list any tallow ingredients, only "stearic acid", which can be either animal or veggie, or both. IF it's not a allow soap, then there is one non-tallow I'll keep stocked.

I have MdC - don't know if I'd reorder it, but it is the best veggie based soap I've used.

I have MdC - don't know if I'd reorder it, but it is the best veggie based soap I've used.

That's the thing, it may or may not be veggie. No way to tell. I know that it's pretty unique in my experience as far as soaps go, and has performed completely top notch every time for me. I also fell in love with the fougere scent.

I've used Tabac and wasn't thrilled with the results, but I've just started using Barrister & Mann's Seville, and think it could be "the one." So as of now, count me among the Brotherhood.

Hi,

I want Yardley back! How does Mike's compare? That is if anyone has a bowl of leftover Yardley to compare with. I had heard that MdC was a good compare, but now it appears to not be tallow.

I have been using a veg based glycerin soap from Cardin Farms in Franklin County, NC for a while now. But, I do wish to return to tallow. Maybe I ought to just watch eBay for Yardley.....

I cant join up until I find something tallow....

Stan

Hello tallow brothers. I haven't strolled down this street in a while. I am all tallow all the time. After reading about tooth soap I'm even going to try brushing my teeth with da Fat.

Hi,

I did receive a pointer on another thread that MdC is about as close one comes to Yardley, but then there was uncertainty about it having Tallow. Looking at the cost to get MdC from France, I might be as well off to pay for NOS Yardley. Anyone here have Yardley equivalency ideas (or what is actually better) ??

Stan

Top Bottom