What's new

Announcing the Brotherhood Of Tallow Shave Soaps - BOTSS

I'm in. I definitely prefer tallow soaps over the others. I'm new to using shaving soaps and have been trying a variety of them. My favorites so far is from Stirling Soap Co. Love them!

Hi,

I think I have my entry into the club here.

Well, I seem to have scored something different. Seventeen Oster soap pucks for the model 222 Latherservice barber shop machine. This Oster model appears to have used a motorized brush on a soap cake to produce the lather, and not the more common liquid soap. I don't happen to have a machine, but figured that I can use these soap cakes with a manual brush equally well.

There are two boxes of six cakes and one box of five. The cakes on the ends are a little dry, but not bad at all. I loaded the driest one in an Old Spice mug, added a little water, and it loaded the brush just fine.

I tried shaving with it for the first time this morning, of course. It face lathered great! It is obvious that it is a tallow based soap. it has that usual barbershop lather scent, of course.

View attachment 363579View attachment 363580

Stan

@KQY61--great score!

Well today I used a new fat--Speick Stick. First stick I've used. I like the scent and this soap is good. A very nice lather was produced after rubbing it on my wet face. Used an Omega 10098 to lather it. Very nice indeed!Burst into a slick good cushiony lather. It likes water, so added a few drop at a time.Did a 3 pass and after my face felt nice. No drying out and left my face feeling soft with no irritation. I do like the scent, reminds me of my childhood in the 50's and how the men in my family smelled after shaving. So if you're by some incredible chance thinking of trying a new soap, then I would recommend Speick Stick to you.

Speick is great stuff and it is even better if you grate it into a bowl. (The sticks are rock hard)

Nice score Stan and all BOTSS members should be rockin' BOTSS in their signature line :thumbup1:

Speick is great stuff and it is even better if you grate it into a bowl. (The sticks are rock hard)

Nice score Stan and all BOTSS members should be rockin' BOTSS in their signature line :thumbup1:

Hi,

Sir! Yes, Sir! Sig edited! :lol:

I only received it yesterday afternoon and had to wait to shave with it to be sure I now had some tallow soap to replace my local farm-made vegetable glycerine based shaving soap.

Stan

DRH Almond today. Once I got the puck I'd picked up from the BST rehydrated (it was starting to dry out and crack a bit at the edges), this stuff lathers up into pure awesomeness! It really loves a well broken in boar brush.

I'm in!

Tallows in the den right now:

* Irisch Moos
* Tabac
* Mike's
* Mystic Water
* Arko
* Barrister and Mann
* Strop Shoppe
* Palmolive EU

My 2 newest are: Speick Stick--Holy Moly what a great lather! And I finally got Tabac. Great scent, marvelous lather. World class soaps Enjoy da fat!

My 2 newest are: Speick Stick--Holy Moly what a great lather! And I finally got Tabac. Great scent, marvelous lather. World class soaps Enjoy da fat!

I burned through my Speick stick. It was truly great stuff. I have a couple half tubes of the cream to use up before I buy anymore sticks, but they are on the restock list once I can. I fell in love with Tabac on first whiff as well, and the performance has never disappointed.

I'm in! I love tallow soaps! right now I have:

Cella
MWF
Tabac (bowl and stick)
p160
Mikes natural soaps (bay rum, coconut, barbershop)
the strop shoppe tallow (teak wood, baker st)
Speick shaving stick
Arko shaving stick

Count me in! Tabac, Palmolive, Speick, XXX-T, Cella, Mike's, MW, Stirling, and I'm sure there are a few others in there too.

Greetings:

I am pretty new still, but I see my small but merry band of shave soaps are dominated by tallow - Mitchell's Wool Fat, Arko, and RazoRock Caribbean Coconut. Do I qualify?

Top Bottom