What's new

Acquisitions, July 2011

Sheaffer Juniors always have Junior engraved on the nib.

The Canadian pens often didn't follow the catalog, but it looks like an Admiral to me except that style cap band and clip combination was never available here (US) with striped celluloid. And don't quote me on that! :wink2:

Look around here, except these are American models.

Great link, thanks! I will try and match it up when I get home tonight.

My 1911 just arrived.... full size with a 21k Music nib....

Does Hog heaven describe this ????? ......... Nah it's better !!!!

Please excuse the bad phography

$HPIM0893.JPG$HPIM0895.JPG$HPIM0902.JPG$HPIM0903.JPG

bye now off to write in the Journals.....by the way this thing is like....like... Oh Crap I can't find the words

a couple to 3 weeks and no I ordered from Mottishaw at Nibs....it came out of Cali, but I also had him do some other things for me

Thanks for the tip, Nemo - notice the mis-matched box, but I don't care. The ink actually still writes, but it's very dark unless swabbed (pics of that later).

Skrip-Well

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-07-26 at 8.00.15 AM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-07-26 at 8.00.15 AM.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 118

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks for the tip, Nemo - notice the mis-matched box, but I don't care. The ink actually still writes, but it's very dark unless swabbed (pics of that later).

Skrip-Well

Ooooh, that's the good stuff with the RC-35 :thumbup1:

Y'all are a serious bunch of enablers. Arriving today from JetPens:

1. Pelicano Jr.
2. Pelikan converter
3. Iroshizuku Asa-Gao Morning Glory ink
4. J. Herbin Pearl Noire ink

Just as I was getting ready to walk out of the house this morning, the mailman rings my bell with an express mail. All the way from Japan in only 4 days. Here is my new Sailor 1911 with Rhodium Trim. It has a medium nib marked H-M and it writes beautifully! Nice and smooth! I took a couple of pics and loaded it up with Noodler's Air-Corp Blue-Black.

Attachments

• $photo 1.JPG
    $photo 1.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 85
  • $photo 2.JPG
    $photo 2.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 85
  • $photo 3.JPG
    $photo 3.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 85
Not much of a score but while in my local CVS I inquired about a few larger gauge syringes for filling converters. CVS sells them individually for a quarter. I am now fully stocked with syringes...I only hope that i don't accidently skewer a digit in the process of filling a pen.

Nothing exactly spectacular, but I just picked up a black Retro 51 Tornado rollerball. And I placed an order for the pen an d5 o'clock shadow ink that John at West Coast Shaving is working for us. :D

Nothing exactly spectacular, but I just picked up a black Retro 51 Tornado rollerball. And I placed an order for the pen an d5 o'clock shadow ink that John at West Coast Shaving is working for us. :D

I have a Tornado - nice feeling pen, but I never did like the way it wrote. I was thinking about getting a refill just to see if it would do any better. Do you know what will fit in one of those?

I have a Tornado - nice feeling pen, but I never did like the way it wrote. I was thinking about getting a refill just to see if it would do any better. Do you know what will fit in one of those?

I haven't used it more than a couple of scribbles yet, but my Tornado seems to write just fine... Then again, I am a big fan of liquid inks. I get the impression (only because I haven't seen anything to the contrary) that the Tornado refills are type-specific, but not out of line with any other refill (Google search for the refill)

I had SWMBO play with the Tornado last night, and it turns out that I now need to buy her one of her own. lol. Guess I'll get her a Disney line one, since she's a Disney fan.:scared:

Got these about a week ago.... just waiting for new sacs to come

1. Wearever, Conklin, Diamond Point Pen and Pencil set
$HPIM0904.jpg

2. Esterbrook, Waltham, unknown, Brahman
$HPIM0906.jpg

Also included in this lot is a Ink o graph and a eagle. Both Soaking to get the sections apart to resac... All pens so far are working perfectly and not a bad nib in the lot....

The conklin has some really good flex to it and it is wet !!!!!

The cost for all these beauties.....sit down.........

70.00 shipped

Top Bottom