What's new

Acquisitions for September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not technically shaving gear, but I found a sexy, glass-fronted, wooden Chinese curio cabinet at an antique store yesterday that's going to be a perfect storage and display case for my razor and brush collection. I'll be hanging it this afternoon and will snap some pics when it's loaded up with goodies. I feel great that my stuff can finally be proudly displayed!

----
OK...cabinet wall-mounted and loaded. Here's some photos:
As I was just telling my wife, I now feel like I have a true collection, and not just an accumulation! :001_cool:

That is what I would like to find, it is beautiful

Got my Torrey back from Tim today after sending it for some new scales.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That razor has some wonderful history. If you do PIF it, might I suggest seeking out a vet from Vietnam? It seems only fitting given its story.

Lorica, already done. My idea exactly. Check out the PIF link on the top post. Not many replies though :sad:

My first Atra just arrived today. I'm going to take it for a spin tomorrow.

Attachments

• $P1010653.jpg
    $P1010653.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 378
  • $P1010654.jpg
    $P1010654.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 376
Picked this up on eBay for 26 smackeroos! I was so surprised it didn't get more bidders I almost started to doubt myself after I won the auction. It measures a little over 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. It was very worn so I spent about four hours flattening one side today and I can't wait to see how good an edge I can get off of it.

Here's some before and after pics.

Attachments

• $DSCN4650.jpg
    $DSCN4650.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 367
  • $DSCN4652.jpg
    $DSCN4652.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 366
  • $HONE.jpg
    $HONE.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 367
$DSC02943.jpg

A Le Petit Blanche combo coti with slurry stone from TSS and some old spice AS, I'm finally trying this american classic. :biggrin1:

A nice cased Gillette New Improved Big Fellow, presumably from 1926 if I read the serial correct. Can anybody confirm this?
It still needs a good clean and probably could benefit from a baking-soda/aluminium bath.

proxy.php

proxy.php

A nice cased Gillette New Improved Big Fellow, presumably from 1926 if I read the serial correct. Can anybody confirm this?
It still needs a good clean and probably could benefit from a baking-soda/aluminium bath.

That's a great-looking razor...I love the wooden case, also. It shouldn't take much effort to bring that back to mint condition.

Last edited:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

After searching through a whole lot of antique stores I have finally found something.

A N 1 dated '68 Gillette Tech. An A 4 dated '55 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed? An Ever-Ready BKLYN.N.Y.U.S.A. PAT APPD FOR single edge. Haven't been able to find much info on the Ever-Ready.

Had a dry spell at the usual haunts: only found a '60s SS which cleaned up pretty well and is now in collection. I'm currently expecting a '59 FB, '83 SS (finally found the real McCoy) and my DB 1.5 scuttle this week.

Thistle Ridge Spearmint Lime Shaving Soap
Omega Pro 48
Muhle R41 (2011) :w00t:
MWF with Dish

Attachments

• $DSC00988.jpg
    $DSC00988.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 403
  • $DSC00991.jpg
    $DSC00991.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 402
  • $DSC01002.jpg
    $DSC01002.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 399
  • $DSC01004.jpg
    $DSC01004.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 403
Mr Boat!!!! You are like an eBay razor vacuum!!!!

Great scoop on the NOS blackbeauty!! Cheeeeeep.

And just a note on Snargle's display case - BEAUTY!!!

I picked up these at an antique store, the Stahly Live Blade I bought because I had one before that broke and wanted another, and I couldn't pass up the Super Adjustable at the price I found it for!!

I am not sure how to date the Stahly but the Super Adjustable is an A-1.

I figured it was a good score for a new collector, I am a college student I bought my first some time in May and these two are my 6th and 7th DE along with my Gem 1912!

Attachments

• $New Razors.jpg
    $New Razors.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
DCWEBSTER,
Nice score. I've been looking for a Stahly for a while but every time I find one it is broken. One day...
I have hit a bit of a dry spell with my RAD. My usual haunts have run dry and there seem to be none in the antique stores in my area. Is there some kind of medication to help with withdrawals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom