What's new

A Year of PIFs….. April Edition

I generally zoom through all the sub forums except those listed as “Everything Else”, so I usually catch your original posts. I’d assume most folks are not like me and spend most of their B&B time in just a few sub forums. Some folks never seem to make it out of the new member’s sub, lol.

So, for those watching this thread, let me ask you something. I'm posting my PIFs in the forum that they apply to. Now I had this open for two weeks and had about a dozen people enter. I like seeing as many people enter as possible as, reading the entries is fun to me. Now, I post a link from the general forum and in two days, doubled the amount of entries. So, do most people not read the forums outside the general, or what? Was it not seen before for some other reason? Just looking to see if I should change the way I'm listing these monthly PIFs in the future.

Also, keep in mind, that I start a new one every month, within the first couple days, so be on the lookout if you like entering my PIFs!
Since I wasn't looking for aftershaves, I didn't saw your thread. But once you posted it in the general forum, it called my attention right away. I believe you should keep doing what you are doing, posting it in the relevant forum, but announcing it on the General.

Or maybe we could request to have a PIF forum?

I traditionally look at all New Post listings,
See, that's how I view the forum. If you hit new posts, you will see posts from all forums. And I figure that most do that as well. But maybe not.

Or maybe we could request to have a PIF forum?
We used to have one, but it was exiled long ago. It's better to have PIFs spread out, and not all in one place. Otherwise some folks come and never venture out of the PIF forum.

See, that's how I view the forum. If you hit new posts, you will see posts from all forums. And I figure that most do that as well. But maybe not.

I didn't even know you could sort the posts like this. So will it show you all the new posts in every sub-forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even know you could sort the posts like this. So will it show you all the new posts in every sub-forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of them, yeah. There might be a couple that are excluded.

Sent from the Spider Phone

So, for those watching this thread, let me ask you something. I'm posting my PIFs in the forum that they apply to. Now I had this open for two weeks and had about a dozen people enter. I like seeing as many people enter as possible as, reading the entries is fun to me. Now, I post a link from the general forum and in two days, doubled the amount of entries. So, do most people not read the forums outside the general, or what? Was it not seen before for some other reason? Just looking to see if I should change the way I'm listing these monthly PIFs in the future.

Also, keep in mind, that I start a new one every month, within the first couple days, so be on the lookout if you like entering my PIFs!

Not sure why it just popped up, but I saw it on Tapatalk. That might have something to do with it.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

For my part, it was just coincidence that I entered when I did. I usually don't enter in PIFs, so that's why I didn't jump on it at the beginning. For whatever reason, I gave it a closer look yesterday, and decided to enter. Once I saw it was a meme theme, I started thinking of Brian Fantana!

I am also in the, "sort by new posts" category. The good news is I get to find out about all sorts of things I never knew I was interested in. The bad news is I really don't need to be interested in other things.

I’ve read the bones and the tea leaves and @tipster_621 is the winner!

Thanks to all who entered and for all the birthday wishes.

I’ve read the bones and the tea leaves and @tipster_621 is the winner!

Thanks to all who entered and for all the birthday wishes.

WOW!! Thank you, KJ. It's a really cool thing, what you're doing this year, and you are setting a terrific example for all the rest of us.

I'll reply back to your PM in a few. Thanks again!!

Top Bottom