What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My worst qual in years and this is the last time to qualify with this pistol.
I can honestly say that for the first time that I can remember I didn’t feel like shooting today. I didn’t enjoy it. I didn’t have fun. I didn’t want to be there.

1FF1D329-91F4-4585-B2EA-A7972B8992A4.jpeg

martym

P2000 pistol qual.
It was bad. I shot 150 out of 150 but dang, I was all over the place.
I was embarrassed but I just didn’t care. I think maybe because the front blew in and my shoulders and knees were really hurting.

The Glocks should be here soon.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
P2000 pistol qual.
It was bad. I shot 150 out of 150 but dang, I was all over the place.
I was embarrassed but I just didn’t care. I think maybe because the front blew in and my shoulders and knees were really hurting.

The Glocks should be here soon.

Well, probably isn’t your trigger finger Marty. I haven’t been happy as of late either with my spreads, but it ain’t my trigger finger, it’s the 3 dots turning fuzzy on my eyeballs. When you get the Glocks, don’t get in a hurry to toss the plastic goalpost. Goalpost works better then 3 dot for old eyeballs.

Just sayin.

martym

I love Glocks!
Funny thing though is that this is how they prefer our hits to be. They want them spread out because of more trauma to different areas. I guess.
We will now go to a 46 round qualification and you must have 37 hits to pass.
My how things have changed over the years.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Come to any conclusions about the different ammo in your pistols?
They all pretty much act the same. The Gold Dots seemed to punch the biggest hole in the cardboard so accuracy is a wash. No ballistics gel so checking terminal performance wasn't possible...

nikonNUT

Took the Stacatto-C out today. Set up at 3 yards, bring the gun up and go. No think, just shoot! Tried a few 2 shots center of mass, 1 head shot drills. I like this little pistol! And I really need a PACT timer.

Finally figured out what I was doing to make me shoot consistently left, too much death grip with strong hand and not enough support with off hand. Still vertically stringing a bit from rushing but now everything centered with G21, G22, and Les Baer TRS. Good times. 95+% on the 12x12” steel plate at 15 yds.

nikonNUT

Finally figured out what I was doing to make me shoot consistently left, too much death grip with strong hand and not enough support with off hand. Still vertically stringing a bit from rushing but now everything centered with G21, G22, and Les Baer TRS. Good times. 95+% on the 12x12” steel plate at 15 yds.
Having the same issue. Getting better but I need to start dry firing every day to get the muscle memory for the correct grip...

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
No target pictures as I was just function testing a new Wolff recoil spring I put in, and was just point shooting at the base of a little sapling in the front yard I've been trying to kill for a few years.

1580606183559.png

The brass it getting thrown much better now...most going over my right shoulder and landing about six feet behind me at about 5 o'clock. It did throw a couple at 3 o'clock but that's okay.

Function was perfection...move over Glock.

1580606364936.png

nikonNUT

Went and christened the Nighthawk this morning. Meant to go yesterday but a leaky pipe was more important so... Anywho, grabbed 150 rounds and gave it a whirl at everywhere from 3 to 20 yards. Talk about a gun that will humble a fella. First thought was "Wow! This is the flattest, softest shooting 9mm pistol I have ever shot! " Second thought was "Dang! I need to practice to do this gun justice!" :) I get the draw of pistols with this level of craftsmanship now! I think I need more...

Last edited:
Went and christened the Nighthawk this morning. Meant to go yesterday but a leaky pipe was more important so... Anywho, grabbed 150 rounds and gave it a whirl at everywhere from 3 to 20 yards. Talk about a gun that will humble a fella. First thought was "Wow! This is the flattest, softest shooting 9mm pistol I have ever shot! " Second thought was "Dang! I need to practice to do this gun justice!" :) I get the draw of pistols with this level of craftsmanship now! I think I need more...

That'll work!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Finally got out to the range after the access road had been flooded for the last 5 weeks. I had hoped to chronograph some reloads in my .300 Black Out AR "pistol", but the chrono didn't cooperate. But I still got to put some rounds down range. Also put 120 rnds through my SIG P365 and a 100 rnds through my Glock 19 on the plate rack. I was hoping to go back to the range on Wednesday and work a shift as a Range Safety Officer this coming weekend, but the water is on the rise again. I'm really tired of all this rain, but its making for the best crawfish season we've had in years!

Top Bottom