What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
No pictures or anything, but on Thursday I went to the range for the first time in a few weeks. My HK VP9SK was the tool of choice for the session. I worked on some Mozambique type drills. The RSO helped me to utilize the recoil of the double tap to set me up for the head shot without a pause in the cadence. Before hand, I would almost always go boom boom... boom, but in a quick succession. By the end, there was little to no hesitation between the double tap to the chest and the head shot. I still don't know if I want to use the recoil as a means to pursue a head shot in a civilian defense scenario, but I'd much rather train for an unrealistic encounter, opposed to being unprepared in an unpredictable situation.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Arrrgh....I'm going through range withdrawal. My range has been closed for a week due to high water covering the access road and looks like it will be closed for at least another week, perhaps longer!

Arrrgh....I'm going through range withdrawal. My range has been closed for a week due to high water covering the access road and looks like it will be closed for at least another week, perhaps longer!

Ha! Mine has been closed for a week as well for damage to backstop. Someone is using steel.
Video will deal with that but what a pain for everyone else.
Tues. should be good to go. Counting the days.

Range? No. WAY to expensive. Just take my Taurus 6.5" .357 and Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 4.25" to a buddy's house that's out of the city limits.

A few months ago with the G19. That's all I bring for targets - paper plates, stapler, and stick-ems.

proxy.php

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

If it's any consolation, whenever I see your 300 BO build threads, it gives me pistol acquisition disorder withdrawals.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Water is still rising....another week, maybe two more. I can always shoot my suppressed .22s, but I'm jonesin' for some high power!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Went and qualified today for the Ark Enhanced CHCL today. Took both STI's and was conflicted right up to stepping to to the line. First world problems I suppose but I chose the "P" and managed a 50/50! Actually, seeing as it was 20 rounds total at both 3 yards and 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards it was an easy choice. Load up the 20 round mag and go!

1st World Problems-small.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
@nortac Thank you my friend! Shooting a timed course of fire was way more fun than the "load 5, FIRE!" and repeat X4 version for the basic CHCL.

Went and qualified today for the Ark Enhanced CHCL today. Took both STI's and was conflicted right up to stepping to to the line. First world problems I suppose but I chose the "P" and managed a 50/50! Actually, seeing as it was 20 rounds total at both 3 yards and 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards it was an easy choice. Load up the 20 round mag and go!

View attachment 1054100

First world problems :) Yep

Well done.

Top Bottom