What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Had a good day at the range! Might be the lack of copper fouling but the Savage didn't particularly like the Federal Gold but it loves the Hornady 140gr ELD-M stuff!
The range. 50, 100, and 200 yards.

And the best group of the day! .386 MOA at 200 yards.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I know a guy that shot a prairie dog at 650+ yards with a .17 HMR Savage. He could afford anything, but he said he couldn't find one to beat it.

nikonNUT

I know a guy that shot a prairie dog at 650+ yards with a .17 HMR Savage. He could afford anything, but he said he couldn't find one to beat it.
I like your freinds train of though! I really think there is a 110 Elite Precision in my future. Just gotta decide wether it will be another 6.5 Creedmoor or a .300 PRC...

FarmerTan

I like your freinds train of though! I really think there is a 110 Elite Precision in my future. Just gotta decide wether it will be another 6.5 Creedmoor or a .300 PRC...
It's funny. I've got a decent little patch of dirt to plink on out back. My property is a quarter mile deep. I mostly shoot my revolvers. But this guy has a real range. I mean, where mine is mostly woods, his is like a golf course. He can literally practice 1000 yard shots. You know, windage. Aim 4 feet high and 3 feet left. Unbelievable till you see it.

nikonNUT

I'd love to score a mile someday but all I can manage with my current plot is 285 yards. Not complaining but 1800 yards would be AWESOME!!!

FarmerTan

I'd love to score a mile someday but all I can manage with my current plot is 285 yards. Not complaining but 1800 yards would be AWESOME!!!
Lol, I'd be jumping up and down like a little kid if I hit the side of a barn at 285 yards!

Shoot. I get excited when I make an iron disc dance at 15 yards with my LCR!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My range is shut down this weekend for lead remediation. I look forward to shooting my new gun Wednesday coming!

nikonNUT

Went back out this morning as a co-worker need to sight a rifle in for deer season (Modern gun opened this morning) and since a a member must be present I figured I would go and try the new parts / ammo (147 gr Honady Match). The wind had to be blowing 20 miles an hour and the Salvage (gotta love my PITA friends and their monicker) still managed to punch out 1/2 MOA groups at 200 yards. I need more range!!!

FarmerTan

Went back out this morning as a co-worker need to sight a rifle in for deer season (Modern gun opened this morning) and since a a member must be present I figured I would go and try the new parts / ammo (147 gr Honady Match). The wind had to be blowing 20 miles an hour and the Salvage (gotta love my PITA friends and their monicker) still managed to punch out 1/2 MOA groups at 200 yards. I need more range!!!
But I bet that they asked to shoot it!

Had some free time today,
Sig 1911 .45 - 10yds, first 2 clips, second 3 clips

proxy.php

proxy.php

Couple strays. I'll work on it :)

FarmerTan

I'm pretty new at this. I'm sure you could produce a nice grouping ;)
Well.... possibly, with my GP100 shootin' .38's......at 10 feet instead of 10 yards!

And that ain't false modesty talking. I'm dang good close up, rapid fire. But 10 yards? That's over 30 feet in Michigan, lol. Heck, I can't see that far! I have to be sure if my target is friend, foe, or my wife before I pull the trigger!

Well.... possibly, with my GP100 shootin' .38's......at 10 feet instead of 10 yards!

And that ain't false modesty talking. I'm dang good close up, rapid fire. But 10 yards? That's over 30 feet in Michigan, lol. Heck, I can't see that far! I have to be sure if my target is friend, foe, or my wife before I pull the trigger!

LOL

Top Bottom