OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
No! Forget what I said!

THIS is the one:

proxy.php

Me likey!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well. Always want BUIS, and these appear to be the traditional sights my first 10/22 had.

Killed me to pay for that ugly Tapco stock. I like and use Kryptek.

Takedown option can vary greatly in price, seems from $20-30 to $100 or more. When non-bare-bones rifles are considered, you might as well, even if you don't plan to use the option much.

Underfolder has takedown model.

Finally, this was $20 less than butt-ugly Tapco one.

Now, to find/order one.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
(whistling) Boy, sure is a high-tech hassle these days, buying a gun. They got this online, onscreen kiosk deal now; fill out the whole form, and then fill out some more paper after. Sheesh.

AA :wink2::001_tongu

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Alright. No pix necessary, it's the stainless takedown model with the black stock. Academy had a great price, Gander matched it, took off five percent, then honored a $20 coupon on top of that. Couldn't resist! Haven't shot but love it already. The two parts vanish neatly into a crowded safe.

Aa

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I wasn't impressed by the camo stock jobs; the paint can be scratched off with a fingernail. The threaded takedown job would have added about $100 and won't be immediately useful ... And LOTH got a very nice purse this year. She's been a good girl. 😎

AA

I wasn't impressed by the camo stock jobs; the paint can be scratched off with a fingernail. The threaded takedown job would have added about $100 and won't be immediately useful ... And LOTH got a very nice purse this year. She's been a good girl. 

AA

Pics???? Where are the pics???

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Which folding stock and optic did you end up getting?

We're going to let a credit card cycle go by first ... Will be that underfolder, two piece, likely black (not anodized silver. Might look good on SS rifle, but too much shiny, methinks).

Need box-25 mags; that's a priority. Am thinking also that barrel band laser, a whopping $23. Will get to shoot it tomorrow ... No, not in the air. Curse all idiots who discharge firearms in the air, esp. while drinking.

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Curse all idiots who discharge firearms in the air, esp. while drinking.AA

You got that right, buddy. Some people don't seem to realize that what goes up must come down. If not on them then on someone else. Y'all stay safe this weekend.

I'm still thinking about getting a trigger crank for my box stock 10/22. I don't have access to Class III right now...dang I miss buying the ammo and then checking one out of the weapons room to go play with...M2s, Reisings, HKMP5s...etc. Sigh.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So. Finally got the gun where I want it to be for now ... Nighttime-specialized 10/22.

LaserMax 10/22 integrated forend laser (like $24 at CDNN)

The forend also lets you mount two pic rail devices- in this case a TLR-1 light.

Both devices turn on in a split second with the left (off) hand.

The sight is an inexpensive red dot; no mag, but four reticules- small dot, big dot, x and fake Eotech ring.

Better sight and that underfolder will come another month ...

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom