What's new

7 o'clock Blues

Well recently i found the green super stainless (russia) at the local pharmacie...i really like them, i have sensitive skin and a not-so-thick beard. I've gone 2 shaves so far with them on 2 different razors...they are sharp and a little forgiving, but i really do like them...g'luck
fabs

Didn't try this one, but yellow Gillette beats them all :001_smile

I love the Yellow SharpEdge as well, but for me the Blacks and Blues beat them by a hair.

I was able to get seven smooth tug free shaves from both the Blue and Black Super Platinum.

After using both since my original post I have found that they are practically identical.

I have to give the Black Super Platinums a big plus for not having any glue/wax.

Last edited:
My packets of blue Super Platinums arrived on Friday. I have had two shaves with them so far and I am getting a nice, close, smooth shave. Using a ball-end Old type helps as they seem to give the best shave for me. They're very smooth blades.

I'll see how long they last before I decide whether to buy any more. If they last as long as the black Super Platinums (three shaves) then the high cost will mean that they are blades I will buy only very occasionally.

My packets of blue Super Platinums arrived on Friday. I have had two shaves with them so far and I am getting a nice, close, smooth shave. Using a ball-end Old type helps as they seem to give the best shave for me. They're very smooth blades.

I'll see how long they last before I decide whether to buy any more. If they last as long as the black Super Platinums (three shaves) then the high cost will mean that they are blades I will buy only very occasionally.

Where did you get them from?

They are available on Amazon for $29/100, and the SharpEdges are there for $25/100... I haven't tried the Blue Super Platinum yet, but the SharpEdge is currently my favorite blade and I find it a good bit smoother than the Black Super Platinum.

what are the numbers 1 through 4?

Derby Extras have the same numbering. To me it implies that there are "four edges" - ie, that you can or should flip the blade at some point.

So my question is, are razor blade edges symmetrical? I assume so. And I'm assuming it doesn't matter which side faces up?

But if so, why the numbering to differentiate each edge?

are they not the same as the black packages with the same name on them?

Both are supposedly manufactured to the same spec but they are made in different countries.
The Blues are made by Petersburg Products in Russia, the Blacks are made in India.

Either one is a great choice.

Last edited:
are they not the same as the black packages with the same name on them?

They are not the same; the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Blues are made in Russia, while the Blacks are made in India. I've only tried the Blacks (which I love), but others who have compared the two have said that the Blues are even better.

They are not the same; the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Blues are made in Russia, while the Blacks are made in India. I've only tried the Blacks (which I love), but others who have compared the two have said that the Blues are even better.

I got a sample pack ordered, I'm excited to try them now...

I tried my first Russian blue 7 O'clock yesterday in my 1920's Old Type. Holy cow! I would say it was on par with any vintage Gillette stainless blade!! Today is my day off from shaving (Saturdays) but I am very anxious to try it again tomorrow to see if my first impression was right! It was an incredibly smooth and thoroughly BBS shave with absolutely no irritation! Incredible!

Dangit! Sounds like another blade I have to try. I like Yellows in my OCs and Super Thins in nearly every razor I own. Between Bolzanos and these, I'm going to end up in the dog house, lol.

Top Bottom