What's new

`61 Fatboy Finds A Home

For some time now, I have been torn between two razors. No razor I have used has felt as good in my hand as as my 34G. At the same time, I find my `66 SS to have the perfect level of aggressiveness for my face. I found myself thinking "if only I had an HD handle for my SS head." So I said to myself "self, you need a Fatboy!" Well, there is no way i`m taking my word for it, i`ve caught me lying to myself before. How do I know i`m not just horny for new shaving gear? As a wise man on this site so often says, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE so, on the advice of a few members here, I bought one. Today I had my first shave with it [set on 3] and let me tell you it was phenomenal. It`s not that the results were any different than I ordinarily get, it was just the feeling of holding that fat handle and the aggressiveness of my choosing. It was the culmination of face and hand working together in a simultaneous yabba dabba do. I walked out of the bathroom grinning like the village idiot. This, of course scared the children because they had no idea what I had been doing in there. So, as the kids scrambled to find the air freshener, I walked into the kitchen to see the wife. She gave me that inquisitive look that seemed to say "honey, are you still with us?" I had so many feelings and emotions I wanted to pour out to her, so I grunted and rubbed my chin. She rolled her eyes and walked away shaking her head. Yeah... She just "gets" me. Life is good.

I have several Gilette razors but that is my favorite, always gives a great shave. Not that the others are bad, cuz they're not. I just like the feel and results of the Fatboy. Good stuff.

For some time now, I have been torn between two razors. No razor I have used has felt as good in my hand as as my 34G. At the same time, I find my `66 SS to have the perfect level of aggressiveness for my face. I found myself thinking "if only I had an HD handle for my SS head." So I said to myself "self, you need a Fatboy!" Well, there is no way i`m taking my word for it, i`ve caught me lying to myself before. How do I know i`m not just horny for new shaving gear? As a wise man on this site so often says, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE so, on the advice of a few members here, I bought one. Today I had my first shave with it [set on 3] and let me tell you it was phenomenal. It`s not that the results were any different than I ordinarily get, it was just the feeling of holding that fat handle and the aggressiveness of my choosing. It was the culmination of face and hand working together in a simultaneous yabba dabba do. I walked out of the bathroom grinning like the village idiot. This, of course scared the children because they had no idea what I had been doing in there. So, as the kids scrambled to find the air freshener, I walked into the kitchen to see the wife. She gave me that inquisitive look that seemed to say "honey, are you still with us?" I had so many feelings and emotions I wanted to pour out to her, so I grunted and rubbed my chin. She rolled her eyes and walked away shaking her head. Yeah... She just "gets" me. Life is good.

:lol::thumbup:

Cutter, your Homage to the Fat Boy was very much enjoyed. My 16 year old son said to me last night, "Dad, its a little crazy that you can be so deeply interested in this stuff. I mean Dad, its shaving." The better half has given up at this point trying to figure out the attraction, but is happy I'm happy (nice, right?) I love my Fatboy too, in fact the baffled 16 year old used it tonight. Thanks again Cutter for this post.

This post and thread just about sums it up on why I am here and why I love this board!:smile:

Thanks for the post!!

Sounds like my wife. You should crank that FatBoy up to 9, and give it a go. :biggrin:

I concur. It wasn't actually that dangerous for me to have it at 9. I've tried slims, fatboys and toggles all at 9. :wink:
Shaving is just sooo much easier. By the XTG, I'm almost smooth when I use the razor at 9

Top Bottom