4 Month May-August Sabbatical (QUADSAB)

Still in.
First shave with the Vector today.
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: 22mm SHD Maggard re-knot
Bowl: Timeless
Soap & A/S: Stirling Executive Man
Fantastic first shave with the Vector! Thoroughly enjoyed it, and I’m looking forward to getting more proficient with it. Have a great day y’all!
2A72269A-F38A-458B-802F-01AA39EDA226.jpeg

Unique brush handles.
Soaps, aftershaves, and sets.
Abused straight razors.

The usual. :drool: :drool:
I’ll look around and see if I have anything that might peak your interest! I unfortunately do not have any abused straight razors lying I’ll reach out via pm on Friday. (Out volunteering at a camp all day tomorrow for church).
I picked up a T2 before the first of the year and found it too small for my liking, but from everything I’ve seen the T3 is substantially bigger!

Feel free to send me your undesired badgers for proper disposal! No one should have to endure the torture of a Simpson best Badger! 😜😜

If i ever break that brush or the knot falls off, i will immediately buy another. Because i MUST have one, so that i can spare myself the comments of having to buy it in order to be able to tell that i prefer another brush. :laugh: I do swear by one brush from that factory though! The Vulfix Grosvenor boar/badger mixture! Now, THAT is an amazing brush and at amazing price! I like it so much, i bought 2 spares just in case. And sure enough, my local vendor no longer carries it.

For today's shave, Razorock. Just out of curiocity, i used my wife's dosage spoon to put 1,25ml of cream. Well, miracle! I had twice the lather i needed! Synthetics never cease to amaze me by how less product they require compared to animal hair brushes.

FINAL.png

Still in.
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: 26mm Timberwolf
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Cella EEB
A/S: Old Spice Pure Sport
Have a great day y’all!
D58B3027-A352-42C2-B566-651F971DEDCB.jpeg

Still in. Two days growth removed this morning. Missed my GEMonday yesterday so stuck with the planned setup for today's shave.
PXL_20210706_150643068-01.jpeg

Gem Damaskeen / GEM Personna SS PTFE
M&M Nantahala (sample)
Maggard's Black and White
Old Spice Classic

PXL_20210707_153122937-01.jpeg

Dorko #118 (aka "Big Red")
WK Fougere Bouquet (first sight of the bottom of the tub)
Rick Montalvo
Clubman

Though the bottom of the soap tub has made an appearance, I think there's only a slim chance I'll 3017 this soap during the QUADSAB. But if I do that will be 4 (count 'em, 4!). Definitely making a dent during this restraint.

Still in. Feeling some draw toward soap acquisitions but managing to resist...
View attachment 1296118
Wacker, Old Sheffield
MWF
Rudy Vey 2020 B&B Contributors' Brush
4711 AS and EdC

Hold on until September. Only a month and 12 days to go! That's when i will buy too. When i will be back from vacations, i will buy some soaps.

Still in. Been a while since I posted. Yesterday was my first day back in the office in 16 months. Figured I should start the day with a great shave!
View attachment 1296552

Happy return to work! Ah, yes, a nice shave and with a Sagrada!

---------------------------------------

And a quick one from me with the Commodore again.

FINAL.png

Holy cow! It's been a week since I've posted here. Where does the time go? Anyway... Still in.
PXL_20210720_135114742-01.jpeg

W&B 8/8” For Barbers' Use (FBU)
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 200
Tabac soap, AS, and EdC

As always, a stellar shave with this blade.

Fun fact: This Tabac soap has developed a "reverse ring of death" where there's more soap in the center than around the edges of the container. Not sure if it's a result of the pour or a function of the container design. Couldn't be by loading technique...

Still in. Been shaving just haven’t posted in a while. Struggling with the Vector currently. I get a decent shave with it, but the proline ends up feeling a bit tuggy. I want to try some more blades for it before I decide if I’m going to keep it or not. May have to wait till the sabbatical ends though to find out. (Prolines are the only blade I have currently). Also I cannot seem to figure out MWF or this boar brush. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Oh well, going to do some more experimenting. If anybody wants to trade some AC blades, hit me up! Have a great day y’all!
694D0075-0F85-4B73-A470-07FA17B39290.jpeg

Still in. Switched back to the FOCS after a while. Man is this a great razor!
Razor: FOCS Blades: Wizamet Brush: Sagrada Familia Bowl: Timeless Soap: Haslinger Aloe Vera A/S: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue I have changed my approach to a load and go with this razor, y’all were right. That is the way to do it! Great shave this morning! Have a great day y’all!
0D2607DE-0E08-4B5F-9AD6-987CB5D04316.jpeg

Top Bottom