What's new

250 Blue Personna Super (Med/Lab Blades)

Not impressed so far. I tried a blade both in a Red Tip and a Fat Handled Tech. I thought it felt a bit rough.

I'm going to try a new blade in a '40s SS tomorrow, assuming that maybe I just got a bad blade the first time around.

I had an amazing shave with this blade (lab) this morning in my 40's superspeed. Smooth and close!!:thumbup1:

My second and third shave with this lab blade felt rough compared to the first shave. I repeated my first days shave on day two with not as good results.

My second and third shave with this lab blade felt rough compared to the first shave. I repeated my first days shave on day two with not as good results.

Hmmm...this is intriguing, i'll have to try another med blade to see.

I wonder if there is a bit of a QC issue here?

Where is the best place to purchase these blades, i have searched Ebay and i cannot find anything, unless i'm searching with the wrong terms, there are none on Ebay.

Unless someone wants to send me a couple to try out.....

Ok, my assessment is done.
These blades are smooth. Much smoother than my feathers, but I have to do 2 passes to get to the same place as 1 pass with a feather.
Not a problem. They are so smooth that they may just become my #1 blade.

I purchased mine from Robbins Instruments.

well worth the money if you ask me.

I had these on the site a while back. Something tells me however these are not medical grade but I stand to be corrected. They are however a good blade either way. At 250 a box I'd say thats about 2 1/2 years worth of shaves.

I generally get three shaves from a good, quality blade: Gillette Yellows, Red IPs, Iridiums, etc. Well, today was shave 4 from the Med Prep blade, nice and smooth, no tugging, no 'ragged-edge' feel to the blade. It was so smooth I'll try it again tomorrow.

If I get five (or more) really good shaves from a blade, well, it becomes the new standard for me. This could be the one!

Top Bottom