What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

@reformedshavr - enjoy your gifts! It’s within the rules and if it wasn’t, I am not going to argue with a 94 year old mother on Mother’s Day! And in a way, your mom knows about the B&B spirit!

You already know we love pictures right??

Cheers,

Guido
Ask, and ye shall recieve ....
The back story is that she knew I was into shaving wanted to get me something for Christmas. She had come across Fine Aquamarine (which is also my birth stone) and has apparently been out of stock for months. All of a sudden today appeared a box on my stoop .... A complete surprise and a coincedence on the timing with Mother's Day. I'm also happy to report that it made for a very nice shave!
aquamarine.jpeg

I’m still in this yearly thing. I have more stuff than I need and, have no temptation for anything else. Since I have existed my employment… aka, retirement, I have been keeping myself busy with what I like to do, whenever I like to do it. I haven’t shaved in four days and I’m afraid that it will drive the XO nuts but, it’s something I’ve never done before… not shaved everyday. Let’s see how long it lasts.

Make it a great day!

The back story is that she knew I was into shaving wanted to get me something for Christmas. She had come across Fine Aquamarine (which is also my birth stone) and has apparently been out of stock for months. All of a sudden today appeared a box on my stoop .... A complete surprise and a coincedence on the timing with Mother's Day. I'm also happy to report that it made for a very nice shave!
View attachment 1844693
That is supposed to be one of the better scents by mr. Fine. Unobtanium here in Europe unless you pay the premium.
Would your mother be interested in adopting me? I mean, me being house trained and all.:glare:

More than four months in and I feel like I have not made a noticeable dent in my shave supplies. I am impressed by just how good some of the older stuff really is, and how little need I have to continue to purchase more. Sure, I may want to, but it is by no means necessary. Am thinking I may have to join in next year's sabbatical.
We have not passed the 1st half of the year yet.
It is a bold declaration Rico :thumbup:.

View attachment 1844693
Hi,

Ah! Well, that's just Fine, then!

I could not resist saying that!

And, Happy Mother's Day to your Mom!

Stan

We have not passed the 1st half of the year yet.
It is a bold declaration Rico :thumbup:.
Not so bold as it might seem. My point is not that I take success in the sabbatical for granted (I don't), but rather that it is going to take more than one sabbatical to put a serious dent into my current collection of soaps and post shave products. That understanding, along with my heightened appreciation for older products will (I hope) help get me through this year.

Top Bottom