What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

In!

20240325_181532-01-01-01.jpeg

Cheers!

Oh yeah, forgot to add: I'm 3017ing some neglected aftershaves. A few days ago I finished off a bottle of Aqua Velva that was the under my sink. Now I'm using a bottle of M&L Lavenda that also lived under my sink. Not my favorite scent, but it'll do until it's done.
I've been 3017ing my AS for as long as my soaps.

I've never used any of the drug store AS. I had a few in my cart before the end of the restock period but decided against them as I didn't need them. If I hadn't bought them in the past 15y, I didn't want to impulse buy them.

Still in.

Last edited:
Had almost three days worth of stubble this morning, which is unusual for me, so I pulled out all the stops.
20240326_075635.jpg

Within two seconds of the first pass with the Stirling ST, it is clear who is winning the battle of the ST vs the stubble, and it ain't the stubble! I almost stopped after the first pass. From furry to smooth instantaneously. I was SAS+ with a single pass.

But I switched the blade into my favorite CF Legacy and did a quick second pass.

DFS+. No sting from the aftershave at all. <chef's kiss>

Still in, even though a new razor arrived in the mail yesterday, because it was the Paradigm titanium Diamondback that I ordered back in November, before the restraint began.

I had begun to regret ordering it because I am 'at one' with my Chiseled face Legacy razor, and I was certain that the Diamondback would disappoint.

It didn't. It is beautiful, it shaves wonderfully, and I absolutely love the hexagonal handle. Was it better than my Legacy? I don't think so. Was it as good? Nearly. It has a bit more blade feel but is in no way menacing. Below are two photos: pre-game, and in action.

Have a good day, gents.
20240327_174441.jpg
20240327_212346.jpg

Still in, even though a new razor arrived in the mail yesterday, because it was the Paradigm titanium Diamondback that I ordered back in November, before the restraint began.

I had begun to regret ordering it because I am 'at one' with my Chiseled face Legacy razor, and I was certain that the Diamondback would disappoint.

It didn't. It is beautiful, it shaves wonderfully, and I absolutely love the hexagonal handle. Was it better than my Legacy? I don't think so. Was it as good? Nearly. It has a bit more blade feel but is in no way menacing. Below are two photos: pre-game, and in action.

Have a good day, gents.
View attachment 1819545View attachment 1819548
Judging by the pictures I would say that the 4 month wait was well worth it! That is a lovely looking thing

Top Bottom