What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

I'm still in.

I'm getting regular, comfortable shaves.

I'm making some progress with Stirling Duke, and it is clear to me that it is not going to end anytime soon.

This exercise of 3017 provided me with the answer to the question:

When will Tabac and Mitchell's soap finish?

Ans: when my patience runs out, that's when they will get finished.

I'll be happy to purchase ONE refill pucks for both of these and won't be bothered by this question again.

SAD took a bruiser after realizing that purchasing a soap is easy, finishing them is not an easy task.

SAD took a bruiser after realizing that purchasing a soap is easy, finishing them is not an easy task.

I can empathize @Contact_vs_Feedback ‘s statement. Very true words.

Still in.

Im getting ready to head to NYC for a week and then to Alaska for a few weeks. The NY trip is business and part of the Alaska trip is business. Anyway, I’m going to be on the road over my birthday. My mom gave me a gift certificate to a fancy men’s barber shop (hot towels, wet shaves etc). I’m planning on using it today. Since I shave my head and have a goatee I’m not sure how it will work.

Stardate 121158.6
Gillette Super Speed (1958 D2)
Gillette Nacet Stainless (6)
Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Barrister & Mann Latha Lavanda

sws_20210606.jpg

"Sometimes It Snows In April" O(+>

Crewman #13 still in...

Participant 20, still in.

The other morning, the little, plastic “squirt cap” thing popped off my fairly new bottle of Lucky Tiger splash. It’s all gone.

I have began to shy away from alcohol splashes, and only have a tiny bit of witch hazel. Any suggestions to help get through post-shave-wise to next January? Water? Pickle juice?...
I believe rule 11 may apply here, but I could be wrong...

11. If a shaving item breaks in the restraint and you have no backup handy, one replacement may be purchased as an exception (example if the knot comes out of your brush when traveling, a cheap brush or superglue to fix broken brush is deemed acceptable in the 2021 restraint). Forgetting to pack your gear does not count, that will put you out.

I happen to have a new and still sealed bottle of Thayers Original Witch Hazel that I was prepared to offer in trade, but then I checked your avatar and see you're in Canada. Even if I could ship it to you (I'm really not sure because of the 10% alcohol content), the cost of postage would be relatively high for the value of the product.

Last edited:

The other morning, the little, plastic “squirt cap” thing popped off my fairly new bottle of Lucky Tiger splash. It’s all gone.

I have began to shy away from alcohol splashes, and only have a tiny bit of witch hazel. Any suggestions to help get through post-shave-wise to next January? Water? Pickle juice?...
Well, spending a minute rinsing with cold water will help a lot. You could use a small amount of body lotion (such as Aveeno, Cereve, etc.) mixed with a bit of water as a balm. If you have any essential oils, you could add them to the lotion for a bit of scent.

Another idea is to trade for some aftershave. Maybe you have extra soaps or blades you could trade.

I believe rule 11 may apply here, but I could be wrong...

11. If a shaving item breaks in the restraint and you have no backup handy, one replacement may be purchased as an exception (example if the knot comes out of your brush when traveling, a cheap brush or superglue to fix broken brush is deemed acceptable in the 2021 restraint). Forgetting to pack your gear does not count, that will put you out.

I would agree. Do you all agree?
I would like to purchase a bottle of witch hazel from the health food store next week, if it’s alright.

Well, spending a minute rinsing with cold water will help a lot. You could use a small amount of body lotion (such as Aveeno, Cereve, etc.) mixed with a bit of water as a balm. If you have any essential oils, you could add them to the lotion for a bit of scent.

Another idea is to trade for some aftershave. Maybe you have extra soaps or blades you could trade.

I actually water down 444 sometimes, as well as LEA balm. I could probably get by with just water to be fair. But the absolute best, lightly scented and soothing products for me, seem to be Lucky Tiger splash or Witch Hazel (Thayer’s). I’ve tried many post shaves over the years.

I live in Canada, so trading/shipping things is very expensive. Particularly out of country. Plus there’s a pandemic still.

Last edited:

I could work a trade with you and I’m willing to ship to the Great White North. I have a couple of extra unopened bottles of alcohol free Thayers unscented witch hazel which I could spare. I also wouldn’t need anything very heavy in trade (cheap shipping.) PM me if you’re interested.

I do tend to agree rule 11 would apply here though. I will patiently await the captain and crews’ ruling.

Last edited:
Still in

Schick Krona Razor purchased for under $2.00 a couple years ago in a thrift store. I remember how inexpensive it was because someone had taped a small piece of paper to the handle with the price. I want to say the price was $1.96. I had a horrible time removing the residue from the tape that was used as it had gotten into the grooves in the handle and really stuck to the plastic. The razor was cleaned and nearly forgotten.

Dorco Prime blade with at least 10 shaves on it. I will be getting some of these during the restock window, maybe some 7 O'Clock Yellow's as well.

Home made soap and Old Spice after shave

Wonderful shave, very smooth and comfortable and looking forward to using this razor more often.

IMG_20210610_074650395.jpg

Top Bottom