What's new

2021 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek

Still in! End of March brought a flurry of activity and then Easter weekend - but I managed to finish off my bottle of "Monsieur Musk" aftershave. It was unremarkable but part of a gift set I received a few years ago; it won't be replaced but keeps me tracking at about a bottle of splash per month. Still haven't broken through to the bottom of the tub of soap I started in January but it's getting thin. Congrats to all of those who completed a successful first quarter!

Frag: 1 (Grey Quartz)
Splash: 3 (Ogallala, RR Alchemy, Monsieur Musk)
Soap: 1 (Ogallala)

I've seen the threads on the 10 year and Leap year sabbatical.
How long are you able to comfortably use one blade?
Reading your post, it means blade is at least about 90 shaves (if you shaved daily).

I don't keep an accurate count anymore. I get at least a hundred. I use one edge until it gets dull and then I use the other edge. That way, if I damage an edge, I don't lose the whole blade. I just turned the current blade this week. I got about 60 shaves on the first edge. I'm estimating a bit low. I suppose I should count on the next blade.

Still in, MDC Monday
IMG_20210405_181114.jpg

IMG_20210405_181847.jpg

#43 I believe I am out, the allure of the Wolfman waiting list was too much and I have rejoined.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Are you sure it get you out just by joining the wait list?

I heard the wait list is for an year or more, so you'll be completing the transaction at a later date.

So you could still be in, experienced Space Travelers can clarify.

Still in.

I haven't shaved in this month yet.

While I was busy doing repairs and restocking in my home, I had an epiphany - it's been 3 months and I haven't actually finished a single shaving soap!

Let alone a shaving soap, I haven't finished the 6 years old shaving tubes.

Given that I didn't shaved much (<20 times) in the past 6 years, but still I should be able to make some dent in the last 6 months.

I remembered that observation from @JAHE about my purchase photo.
He correctly guessed it at least about 1000 shaves worth, but I didn't wrapped my mind around the figure at that time.

I'll be returning the Loaner Karve CB in Brass to it's rightful owner along with many thanks for the opportunity, and I'll get back with the Kamisori.

Onwards!
There are many soaps and countless whiskers to mow down.

Top Bottom